5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foam cup holder in the door?

MontFla

Reaction score
Does anyone have the foam cup holder in the passenger door or is it just on the drivers side? Please share info

MontFla

Reaction score
This thing

Attachments

• 9C3FF084-BD41-4579-98A5-A38F53033B8B.jpeg
    9C3FF084-BD41-4579-98A5-A38F53033B8B.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 19

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I only had one in my truck, so I asked my dealer if it was supposed to have two. They confirmed that only one drink holder comes with the Laramie now. The Limited might come with two. It's a pretty cheap part, so I just ordered one for the passenger door. I could have pissed and moaned about it, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. 🤣

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I only had one in my truck, so I asked my dealer if it was supposed to have two. They confirmed that only one drink holder comes with the Laramie now. The Limited might come with two. It's a pretty cheap part, so I just ordered one for the passenger door. I could have pissed and moaned about it, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. 🤣
That's how I feel. If my truck hadn't come with both I would have just ordered one for the side that was missing.

Mexd781

Reaction score
Where did you order yours from? I didn't even notice my truck doesn't have them when I picked it up (probably taken out during detailing) and don't feel like bugging the dealer about it

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All the 2019s came with two but they tapered back to just the driver's door starting with MY20 or 21.

I may not have an MFT, uConnect 5, trailer reverse steering control, or heated/power folding tow mirrors but I got both foam door inserts from the factory! :cool:

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Where did you order yours from? I didn't even notice my truck doesn't have them when I picked it up (probably taken out during detailing) and don't feel like bugging the dealer about it
I ordered it from the dealer. I think it was $14.

The Big Horn comes with only one drink holder, so don't blame the poor guy that washed your truck.

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
I got my truck preowned and it didn't have any.

Got a pair on amazon, but the fit was pretty poor - I think they were some sort of "universal fit" design... close but not great.

I returned them and found a person selling mopar ones on ebay... worth getting the real McCoy, IMHO.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bought passenger side one for my truck off Ebay, was $20 shipped. I didn't jump on a forum looking for it, just did some googling to find out they do make the passenger side and you can buy it.

MontFla

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info!! My Bighorn only had one. Discovered that when Mom was visiting and I had weathertech phone holder and drink cup in console. I told her there was a convenient cup holder in the passenger door! Nope. So I got out to show her and nope!!!! So I removed the weather tech phone holder and both used the console. Dealer was on way to where we were going so I stopped in and they said nope 2021 Bighorn only comes with one. If I had noticed I would have taken the one out of the 2019 I was trading in!! Lol. Thanks again this is a fun site at midnight after a few beers or if you legitimately need some info!!!! I joined the 2021 CR-V forum and it is all complaining no love for the vehicle!! My Wife drove a Rubicon unlimited in MT and DOWNGRADED to a crv when we moved to Florida!!

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info!! My Bighorn only had one. Discovered that when Mom was visiting and I had weathertech phone holder and drink cup in console. I told her there was a convenient cup holder in the passenger door! Nope. So I got out to show her and nope!!!! So I removed the weather tech phone holder and both used the console. Dealer was on way to where we were going so I stopped in and they said nope 2021 Bighorn only comes with one. If I had noticed I would have taken the one out of the 2019 I was trading in!! Lol. Thanks again this is a fun site at midnight after a few beers or if you legitimately need some info!!!! I joined the 2021 CR-V forum and it is all complaining no love for the vehicle!! My Wife drove a Rubicon unlimited in MT and DOWNGRADED to a crv when we moved to Florida!!
Wasn't moving to Florida punishment enough? Should have let her keep the Rubicon. :ROFLMAO:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
my truck showed up without any foam cup holders.
went to dealer and showed them the build sheet with them listed
the dealer then told the salesperson to look in the other trucks on the lot and to give me one for each side. we searched 5 trucks and only found them in one. the salesperson believes that some of the prep people are throwing them away.

if they are on your build sheet demand them even if they have to back order them

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I just checked my 2019 Rebel with vinyl seats, they got them on both sides. I suspect RAM was more generous when this truck came out :)

MontFla

Reaction score
Wasn't moving to Florida punishment enough? Should have let her keep the Rubicon. :ROFLMAO:
Lol no I was over the minus 50 wintertime temps!! My buddy bought my home in MT and it is one of his “toys” so I can visit whenever I want!! The high today will be 27 and the low of 9 degrees!! I am picking fresh tomatoes and peppers today in Florida!!!

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Lol no I was over the minus 50 wintertime temps!! My buddy bought my home in MT and it is one of his “toys” so I can visit whenever I want!! The high today will be 27 and the low of 9 degrees!! I am picking fresh tomatoes and peppers today in Florida!!!
I spent 20 years in Arizona...never again. I can dress for 27°, but that's impossible when it's 100°. Get back to me in July. We'll compare temps again. 🤣

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I just checked my 2019 Rebel with vinyl seats, they got them on both sides. I suspect RAM was more generous when this truck came out :)
They were. Everyone got 2 foam inserts and you got a year of SiriusXM for free but we didn't have heated and power-folding tow mirrors to many chagrins (compared to the 4th gen).

Now the 1500 has the neato tow mirrors but only 6 months free for SiriusXM. That's why it's important to pay attention to the details, especially if you are making assumption based off of what you got in the past. I had no expectations when I bought my truck (my first RAM) but many 4th gen owners that "upgraded" to the 5th gen incorrectly assumed that the tow mirrors would be heated and power-folding...and they weren't. It was an especially sore lesson to learn for those with leather trucks (Laramie, Longhorn, and Limited) as that meant no 360° camera either.

Users who are viewing this thread