5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster outlaw muffler review

Jtc411

Reaction score
I've had mine now for about 5 days. It's quieter than my Charger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi. That one has a factory active exhaust and CAI. But I do like the low rumble at idle, and just enough growl during acceleration. Once the tranny hits 7th or 8th gear though, I generally don't hear anything inside the cabin. It's certainly not loud. Now I've heard some say that it's going to get louder as I put more miles on so we'll see if when I get to 3k miles, if i notice it more cruising inside the cab. Also, oddly enough, I've seen the truck go into eco and have not noticed a change at all with the exhaust note. I guess that's a good thing.........

Mine has actually gotten quieter and deeper as it’s broken in

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I've had mine now for about 5 days. It's quieter than my Charger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi. That one has a factory active exhaust and CAI. But I do like the low rumble at idle, and just enough growl during acceleration. Once the tranny hits 7th or 8th gear though, I generally don't hear anything inside the cabin. It's certainly not loud. Now I've heard some say that it's going to get louder as I put more miles on so we'll see if when I get to 3k miles, if i notice it more cruising inside the cab. Also, oddly enough, I've seen the truck go into eco and have not noticed a change at all with the exhaust note. I guess that's a good thing.........

I can tell now when it goes into eco. It just thumps louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonathan7777

Reaction score
I installed the outlaw yesterday, the sounds at idle is good, loud enough. However, I have to say there is drone when you cruise at highway, especially when you on 110/kmh. The drone laterally drives me crazy. I am thinking about switching to another brand or taking it off.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I installed the outlaw yesterday, the sounds at idle is good, loud enough. However, I have to say there is drone when you cruise at highway, especially when you on 110/kmh. The drone laterally drives me crazy. I am thinking about switching to another brand or taking it off.

Are you allowing MDS to operate? If you do, when it goes into 4 cylinder mode, it will drone. That's why the stock muffler is so huge, to hide the drone. Next time you start driving, adjust your gear limiter on the steering wheel to 8 gear, that way all the gears will be available, but it won't allow MDS to operate and get rid of the drone. Even on city streets the drone will suck from most bolt on muffler only systems when MDS is on.

The only system I know that doesn't drone with MDS operating is the Borla cat-back system, but there could be more I'm not aware of. I personally don't like MDS to operate even if I had no drone, kinda old school and probably wrong about that, so turning off my MDS is what I would do anyways.

Last edited:

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

Yeah. Not sure about this. I get a little sound but mainly like everyone else when it kicks down to 4. Otherwise it stays fairly quiet. Especially around the speed you’ve indicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonathan7777

Reaction score
Thank you all for reply me. I finally swapped flowmaster outlaw to magna flow which is Exactly what I need. Later on I might add a K&N cold air intake, I think it will be sound better after that. BTW, anyone wants the flowmaster outlaw for 2019+new body style ram. (Only use 3 days) Please message me, I am located at Toronto, Ontario. Thanks.

Attachments

• 404064A7-BEFA-43AB-88A7-CBB0693FBC5F.jpeg
    404064A7-BEFA-43AB-88A7-CBB0693FBC5F.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread