5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster Outlaw Direct-fit Muffler

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Outlaw installed on my 2019. Had it welded in. Drone isn't too bad to me, but I need to have some resonators taken out. It's not loud enough for me. I'll probably just wait and do a full catback system. Or get the Craven when it comes out.

Carven is available for pre-order now

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
I'm looking for that deep throaty (no pun intended) sound with little to no drone.

BigBRebel

Reaction score
Perfect sound for me. We have Flowmasters on our drag cars. Great sound! Have my FX being shipped from Jegs next Thursday the 11th. Can't wait.

Agitated

Reaction score
This is a traditional single chamber flowmaster super 10 (outlaw.) The extra resonators make it not sound as good
This is actially incorrect. I just installed the outlaw a couple days ago. The muffler is nothing but a hollow tube with 4-5 ribs welded around the circumference of in the inside. I’m very disappointed as it is not the traditional chambered and baffled flowmaster design. It sounds different too. So now im stuck with it. Guess I will end up buying a traditional flowmaster and having it welded in , in place of the outlaw.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is actially incorrect. I just installed the outlaw a couple days ago. The muffler is nothing but a hollow tube with 4-5 ribs welded around the circumference of in the inside. I’m very disappointed as it is not the traditional chambered and baffled flowmaster design. It sounds different too. So now im stuck with it. Guess I will end up buying a traditional flowmaster and having it welded in , in place of the outlaw.
I apologize if I gave out incorrect information. That is what was given to me. I will say that if the resonators are taken out the sound should improve dramatically, and other members here have went that route after a muffler swap. The resonators give it a kind of leaky exhaust type sound because of the weep holes.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Are these direct fit Flowmaster mufflers Truely “plug and play” like unclamping 2 ends of the oem exhaust and clamping this Flowmaster in?

Brrryan

Reaction score
Warm start outlaw direct fit with resonators. Perfect sound for me

Sounds great man! Just curious if you plugged your resonator weep holes? I don’t really hear that ‘leaky’ sound as I have on others. I’ll be installing my Outlaw soon and I’m hoping to avoid plugging them.

Jleeman9

Reaction score
Sounds great man! Just curious if you plugged your resonator weep holes? I don’t really hear that ‘leaky’ sound as I have on others. I’ll be installing my Outlaw soon and I’m hoping to avoid plugging them.

No I didn’t plug them

Bigcat24

Reaction score
I wouldn’t plug the weep holes. That’s how the moisture gets out of the resonators.

I had the direct-fit Flowmaster FX on first, then put on the direct-fit Outlaw. I like the Outlaw much better. It’s certainly a bit louder and has a little bit of drone, but not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread