5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster FX series

Mb7640

Reaction score
Thats great I'm getting flowmaster outlaw installed tommarow on my 2021 5.7l. What cai did you go with?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brand new 2021 5.7 hemi. 30 miles, installed a cold air intake and Flowmaster FX series muffler and man does it sound great! noticed a significant increase in power and a more snapper throttle. 3.92 gears what a great choice love it!
Awesome! My D-Fit Flow-X has been sitting in my tool room for the last 2 months waiting to be installed. Looking to complete the job this coming weekend. Still considering CAI Systems. Which one did you go with?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed a muffler change made a difference in throttle response on my truck too.

Shark875

Reaction score
Thats great I'm getting flowmaster outlaw installed tommarow on my 2021 5.7l. What cai did you go with?
I installed the Flowmaster FX series

Part# 717847 Direct-fit Muffler 409S. Easy install took about 20 minutes with one cut. Sounds amazing! you will love it. Just remember you need to re-tourque the hardware after a couple weeks. enjoy​

Mb7640

Reaction score
I installed the Flowmaster FX series

Part# 717847 Direct-fit Muffler 409S. Easy install took about 20 minutes with one cut. Sounds amazing! you will love it. Just remember you need to re-tourque the hardware after a couple weeks. enjoy​

I went with the outlaw direct fit. Which sounds amazing even with the resonators still installed. I was wondering what cold air intake you used. I'm not sure if I will put one on or not. Wanted to see what everyone is going with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210827-114218_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210827-114218_Chrome.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 35

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the fx muffler. Pros. Sounds so good. Cold start was same compared to the stock. But normal idle sounds awesome. Went for a quick run sounds just as I wanted. Cons. Had to leave and make a run for a hardware store. Nothing was provided except the clamp. And no instructions. So I had to google for the cut location.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went with the outlaw direct fit. Which sounds amazing even with the resonators still installed. I was wondering what cold air intake you used. I'm not sure if I will put one on or not. Wanted to see what everyone is going with.
That's a 4th gen muffler and won't work for us 5th gen owners. Now that I look at your avatar pic I see a 4th gen is what you own (Warlock).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Brand new 2021 5.7 hemi. 30 miles, installed a cold air intake and Flowmaster FX series muffler and man does it sound great! noticed a significant increase in power and a more snapper throttle. 3.92 gears what a great choice love it!
Glad you found something you like. I'm still trying to decide what I want for my truck.

Shark875

Reaction score
I installed the spectre cold air intake system. I did some research as I was in between the spectre and the K&N, comparable, glad I made the choice as the spectre sounds mean! saved a couple $$ also

Shark875

Reaction score
I installed the spectre cold air intake system. I did some research as I was in between the spectre and the K&N, comparable, glad I made the choice as the spectre sounds mean! saved a couple $$ also

Attachments

• 20210807_131759.jpg
    20210807_131759.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 42

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mufflers are positioned after the catalytic converters and are clear from any sensors or meters and don't affect the aspiration of the engine.
Correct and with a CAI you can get it tuned to get best performance, but not required as the computer will compensate fuel to a certain degree. If you are going for max HP/TQ or want all the power you can out of a CAI then yes a tune would be best.

Users who are viewing this thread