5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floormats Removal

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Dumb question...how do you remove the front floormats?
Do they just pull out, or is there some special way to get them out?
I gave a tug, but didn't want to use too much force and mess them up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just pull straight up around the round anchors. They are designed to prevent the mats from slipping forward/backward and just clip in.

Rick8325

Reaction score
I usually push down on the plastic anchor/peg with something while I pull up on the mat to remove the mat off the peg. My aftermarket mats (Maxliner) plug into the peg by covering the anchors completely to snap into them so to remove those I just yank them off.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb question...how do you remove the front floormats?
Do they just pull out, or is there some special way to get them out?
I gave a tug, but didn't want to use too much force and mess them up.

See Rick's post #3 in this thread.

I have seen where someone has tried to just pull-up on the floor mat and ripped the button out of the carpet below (not a Ram, BTW). I recommend using a tool to push downwards on the center of the button while you are pulling the floor mat upwards.
Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 010203 miles.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Dusty1948: I have seen where someone has tried to just pull-up on the floor mat and ripped the button out of the carpet below (not a Ram, BTW).]

That was my fear

Rich

Reaction score
Just pull straight up around the round anchors. They are designed to prevent the mats from slipping forward/backward and just clip in.

It's easier than this, just press on the center 'pin' that you can see with your thumb while you are gently pulling up. They pop out with no damage this way and you won't pull them out of the carpet.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
That worked...just gave it a little firmer tug...popped right off.

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread