5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor mat

Noxpert

Reaction score
Are floor mount anchors a factory thing or a dealer installed thing? My driver side anchor could be an inch farther separated. The matt does not sit flat and I constantly fighting with lumps and kicking it everywhere. How is everyone elses?

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
My mats have fit perfectly on all 3 of my trucks. I don't know if the studs are placed at the factory or during dealer PDI. Post some pics of your mats and studs please.

Noxpert

Reaction score
Here is my drive side mat. It has a pretty good hump in it and tends to get twisted in lost of directions. If I pull it out the stud is like an inch out of alignment. The passenger side fits much better. Does anyone elses mats fit like this?

Attachments

• 20210916_082048.jpg
    20210916_082048.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210916_082034.jpg
    20210916_082034.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 45

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My mats fit perfectly, no lumps (although I am using the all-weather mats, I have a set of the cloth ones and they are fine too). It looks like the driver's mat pin may have been put in the wrong spot.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine fit like they're supposed to. Both the original factory Limited mats and the Mopar slush mats. I'm sure those pegs are installed at the factory. There's too much you would have to take apart for the dealership to install them on every truck the get in. Have you had your dealership look at it yet? It would be worth it to me to take it in.

Noxpert

Reaction score
Dealer i bought it from is over an hour away and not convenient to visit often. I will probably take it to a local dealer for an oil change and such and mention it see what they say. I have to fix it everytime I get in as it can bunch near the accelerator.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dealer i bought it from is over an hour away and not convenient to visit often. I will probably take it to a local dealer for an oil change and such and mention it see what they say. I have to fix it everytime I get in as it can bunch near the accelerator.
Yeah, definitely not good if it's bunching up near any pedal. You don't need to take it back to the dealership you bought it from. Any CDJR dealership can do warranty work on your Ram truck.

Noxpert

Reaction score
Its ether the mat or peg. The hole spacing is definately a good inch off. My guess is the peg but I dunno

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
silverWS6 makes a good point. Measure your pegs center to center and someone here can measure theirs to see if they differ. I can't measure mine until I get home from work later today. If no one has posted up their measurements by then I'll list mine.

Noxpert

Reaction score
My drivers side pegs are 14 inches apart. The passager side is 14.5. The mats seem to measure the 14.5 as well. If someone could check theirs.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
On my 2022 both driver and passenger measure 14.25” between pins. I have the factory rubber floor mats by Mopar and fit perfect.
Truck has 3/36 and any dealer will service.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to take measurements last week. Like Mr.Grid, mine are 14.25" center to center of the pins on both driver and passenger sides.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Here is my drive side mat. It has a pretty good hump in it and tends to get twisted in lost of directions. If I pull it out the stud is like an inch out of alignment. The passenger side fits much better. Does anyone elses mats fit like this?

Mine was like that too, so I pulled the rug back and relocated the pin. problem solved. Guess they were sleeping at the factory that day. Remember if you go to other floor mats like WeatherTech, you may be moving the pin again.

Noxpert

Reaction score
Mine was like that too, so I pulled the rug back and relocated the pin. problem solved. Guess they were sleeping at the factory that day. Remember if you go to other floor mats like WeatherTech, you may be moving the pin again.
Did that leave a hole in the carpet?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Did that leave a hole in the carpet?
yes a slight hole so i cut a section of carpet from under the seat where it isn't seen and made my own plug and stuck it in the hole and put gorilla tape over the bottom of the plug to hold it in place.

Noxpert

Reaction score
Little hole is better than a mat stuck to the gas peddle I guess. Thabk you for letting me know.

Users who are viewing this thread