5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat Recall

daberk

Reaction score
If you had the floor mat recall done (basically a hack job on the mat) is FCA going to provide a new designed mat or are you just on your own to buy a new one if you want it?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you had the floor mat recall done (basically a hack job on the mat) is FCA going to provide a new designed mat or are you just on your own to buy a new one if you want it?
Yes, you will get CSN W73 where you will get a new mat. Letters will be sent out soon.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I picked mine up today -- and I didn't have mine hacked previously -- but I believe it "HAS" to be done in order to get the new one.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes I picked mine up today -- and I didn't have mine hacked previously -- but I believe it "HAS" to be done in order to get the new one.
Your belief would be incorrect. There is no requirement that you let them hack up your original mat before you will get the replacement. What they do with the mat after I leave it with them doesn't concern me LOL.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your belief would be incorrect. There is no requirement that you let them hack up your original mat before you will get the replacement. What they do with the mat after I leave it with them doesn't concern me LOL.
especially since I did my own ;)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got my new floor mat at lunch time today. No appointment was necessary, and I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. Service adviser changed it out with the truck in the parking lot. I proceeded to mess it up when I got in the truck. We're getting wet snow today and it's a mess out there LOL.

fridge

Reaction score
Got my new floor mat this morning. It was the last one the dealership had in stock. Took them an hour to replace it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got my new floor mat this morning. It was the last one the dealership had in stock. Took them an hour to replace it.
That's pretty crazy. Maybe it's because I go to a small town dealership. I know it wasn't because they aren't busy because all the bays had cars in them. He literally walked out the door, recorded the mileage, pulled my mat out, put in the new mat, and had me sign a paper saying the recall fix is complete.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

45 mins of that was waiting for a tech to get the time to get your rig into his/her bay.
5 mins to swap them out.
10 mins to update the virtual paperwork to indicate the recall was completed.

fridge

Reaction score
45 mins of that was waiting for a tech to get the time to get your rig into his/her bay.
5 mins to swap them out.
10 mins to update the virtual paperwork to indicate the recall was completed.

It was 45 minutes of the tech standing there talking to another tech.
5 minutes to swap them out
10 minutes of the service writer getting pissed and apologizing because the tech was to busy talking to his buddy that he couldn't close out his end of the ticket, so she could finish the paperwork.

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Spoke with dealership in MA. They're still hand modifying mats if you come in for recall. Mats won't be available for 3-6 months he said.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Spoke with dealership in MA. They're still hand modifying mats if you come in for recall. Mats won't be available for 3-6 months he said.
I suspect it's because your Rebel probably has the mats with the red ram's head instead of the black ram's head.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

There are mats available now. What dealer did you speak with?

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

EJ84

Reaction score
What is the new part number for the mats? Are they available to order online? I was thinking of trying something other then weathertech.

RRSBighorn

Reaction score
There are mats available now. What dealer did you speak with?

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Kaitlin, I sent you a personal message.
I thought I'd mention my problem here also. My 2019 Ram 1500 didn't come with the All-weather mats (wasn't on the window sticker), so I ordered them separately. I got a recall notice in the mail and proceeded to call my local dealer (in Chicago western suburb) to see if I could just bring in the old one and swap it out, or did I have to bring the truck in an sit there while they install it. The service lady said they had to order mat and make an appointment to install, so I scheduled it. A little while later, this lady calls my back and says that can't order the mat because mine wasn't part of the recall. I don't think this lady knew what she was talking about, she said she was told that the original area in question was a pad sewn in the carpeting, not part of a floor mat. Anyway she couldn't order it even though I told her I got the recall notice. I offered to come down and show them the notice and my floor mat, but she said that wouldn't help. This is frustrating since I took my mat out, and it clearly has the part # on the bottom that is listed in the recall. So hopefully Kaitlin of Ram Cares can help me with this issue.

RRSBighorn

Reaction score
Kaitlin, I sent you a personal message.
I thought I'd mention my problem here also. My 2019 Ram 1500 didn't come with the All-weather mats (wasn't on the window sticker), so I ordered them separately. I got a recall notice in the mail and proceeded to call my local dealer (in Chicago western suburb) to see if I could just bring in the old one and swap it out, or did I have to bring the truck in an sit there while they install it. The service lady said they had to order mat and make an appointment to install, so I scheduled it. A little while later, this lady calls my back and says that can't order the mat because mine wasn't part of the recall. I don't think this lady knew what she was talking about, she said she was told that the original area in question was a pad sewn in the carpeting, not part of a floor mat. Anyway she couldn't order it even though I told her I got the recall notice. I offered to come down and show them the notice and my floor mat, but she said that wouldn't help. This is frustrating since I took my mat out, and it clearly has the part # on the bottom that is listed in the recall. So hopefully Kaitlin of Ram Cares can help me with this issue.

Update: I was a little PO'd that the service department at the dealer I bought the truck and mats from were telling me they couldn't order the floor mats because the recall wasn't listed for my VIN number. I told them I ordered the mats separately as part of the sale of the truck, and received a recall in the mail, but they basically said sorry, nothing we can do. The dealer is only a few miles a way, so I figured I'd go in there and see if I could find someone else that could help me in the Parts Department. So the parts guy, looked at my recall letter, and asked for my VIN # and looked it up. He said the reason the Service wouldn't do anything is because the 1st part of the recall (W63) is in a section of the data base for the factory truck build. The notice I got in the mail (recall W64 which added mats bought separately) was in another section of the database . This dealer doesn't stock the drivers only mat for the recall, so he had to order it. He said he would call me when the new mat came in, and I should just bring in the old one to exchange.

I wasted an hour going in there when I should have been able to order this over the phone the first time, but the right hand (service) must not know what the left hand (parts) is doing.

I'd say don't bother with service, the quickest way is order through parts and then you don't have to make an appointment and sit there waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread