5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flickering Transfer Case button lights - warranty repair???

conesmacker

Reaction score
Hi all,

2020 Bighorn owner here. Hemi Etorque. Bought in late March 2020, and under 9k miles.

The ultra chilly mornings has brought the only defect I've seen in my truck yet....the transfer case lights do not like temps under 32f or so..... Watch the attached video (which I hope works), which shows what they were doing during an 18f start in the dark last week. The button illumincation AND the position indicator lights are very dim and flickering.

It has done this 3 or 4 times so far. After some cabin heat arrives, the lights stop flickering.

Is this a claimable warranty repair to resolve this issue?

Attachments

• transfer case light flicker sm.gif
    transfer case light flicker sm.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 29

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

2020 Bighorn owner here. Hemi Etorque. Bought in late March 2020, and under 9k miles.

The ultra chilly mornings has brought the only defect I've seen in my truck yet....the transfer case lights do not like temps under 32f or so..... Watch the attached video (which I hope works), which shows what they were doing during an 18f start in the dark last week. The button illumincation AND the position indicator lights are very dim and flickering.

It has done this 3 or 4 times so far. After some cabin heat arrives, the lights stop flickering.

Is this a claimable warranty repair to resolve this issue?
Yes, it should not do that. I’ve been driving my 21 in -10 temps and mi e hasn’t done that and it shouldn’t! I had a 19 for one winter before that, drove it all winter and never did that. Warranty for sure!

sbdf1

Reaction score
The dealer agreed this is a warrantable repair, so now the wait starts for the parts to be delivered...
Mine has been doing the same thing, 2020 with 5500 miles on it. I will be calling my dealer this week.

2020GCM

Reaction score
to the OP, do you know if the dealer determined that is just a bad switch assembly or deeper than that?

Users who are viewing this thread