5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIX***Cabin Noise/Booming / Rattle

EJanx07

Reaction score
Your answer is in the original post of this thread with pics, where OP discusses the + and - wires for each of the four microphones. Look for this:

Good luck.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try, and hope I have the success that you guys have had

Snowman122

Reaction score
Unhooked mine today. Very helpful. Thanks. I just did the 4 +s though.
Hey I just unhooked the 4 +s also do you get a weird sound when you close the doors? Like the bass hits for like a millisecond? It could be just me I do have subwoofers in my truck

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I just unhooked the 4 +s also do you get a weird sound when you close the doors? Like the bass hits for like a millisecond? It could be just me I do have subwoofers in my truck
No nothing like that. How are you getting there signal to the subs? I had that once in a vehicle and it ended up being the connection for the LOC where tapped into the factory speaker wire.

Snowman122

Reaction score
No nothing like that. How are you getting there signal to the subs? I had that once in a vehicle and it ended up being the connection for the LOC where tapped into the factory speaker wire.
I do believe the signal is tapped into the factory rear speakers. I'm not to sure though I got it done a while back.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do believe the signal is tapped into the factory rear speakers. I'm not to sure though I got it done a while back.
Could easily be it. If the connection is loose at all, I've had them thump when jarred. If you're troubleshooting, that'd be the first place I looked.

13hdking

Reaction score
I'm getting that low drone at low RPM when accelerating in ECO mode. Could this be the same problem and fix?

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a low drone in ECO mode naturally... Even when disconnecting the ANC. The ANC just seems to make it significantly more pronounced for whatever reason under certain conditions. Could disconnect it and see. Heck you could just unplug the amp and go for a drive and see if it's better instead of depinning it. Then you'd know if it's just normal or exacerbated by the ANC.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting that low drone at low RPM when accelerating in ECO mode. Could this be the same problem and fix?
As @wildh24 posted, Eco mode will normally generate a change in the sound of the engine. I would describe it as a quiet, rapid wubwubwubwub sound around 4 cycles per second, almost like a purr. Don’t ask me to record myself making the noise. Once you identify it, you can hear it come and go as you enter and exit Eco mode with throttle changes. I do not find it unpleasant but some do, and ANC was supposed to quiet the vibrations a bit. Without the ANC running I live with it fine.

No, after deactivation ANC I do not get any bass thumps ever... I would suspect that behavior has something to do with your sub addition?

EJanx07

Reaction score
Here is a write up I did for another forum. I have a 19 Bighorn Base 6 speaker audio. ANC was causing all kinds of issues. I like to hear my exhaust rumble and HEMI rev, ANC is not something I’m attached to. I will be redoing the audio (hence not wasting money on factory upgrades) and adding sound deadner where needed so I did this.

How to Disconnect ANC at amp.

So I have had a terrible time with the ANC system. After 2 trips to the dealer STAR has no clue on it after they replaced the amp. I inquired about disabling the system. STAR didn’t even know if it was possible. STAR want the vehicle to run some scans, but since it was not a drivability issue they would not pay for a loaner.

I didn’t want to fool with dropping the headliner and disconnecting the mics. So I obtained a wiring diagram for all stereo units. All the ANC mics used the same color across all units.

I have the 8.4 Base.

Locate Amp under driver seat. Move seat all the way forward and all the way up to have room to work.

View attachment 6794
View attachment 6787

Disconnect the signal out harness, on mine the large white one. Closest to the rear of vehicle on amp.

(Note take picture of wire orientation Incase you want to reconnect later)
View attachment 6795

On the underside of the connector is a long flat pin locking mechanism, pry that up on the middle insert to release pin locks.

View attachment 6791

It raises maybe an 1/8th”

View attachment 6792
View attachment 6790

All my Mic wires were the 4 sets on the left of the connector.

Looking at the harness the ANC wire colors are (Main color/ Stripe Color)

Mic 1- Brown/Orange + | Brown/Violet -

Mic 2- Brown/White + | Brown/Grey -

Mic 3- Orange/Dark Blue + | Orange Dark Green -

Mic 4- Orange/Green + | Orange Blue -

Once wires are located looking in the connector you will see a white tab at the top of each pin hole

View attachment 6793

Use a small screw driver, pick tool, or (what I used) a paper clip to slide the tab up. The wire pin will slide out.

Once all pins are out reconnect the connector to the amp, and test all systems to make sure function properly.
View attachment 6789

Your ANC will now be disconnected.

*** PERFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK***

I am not responsible for any mishaps or damage you may cause by performing this procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm having a heck of a time, trying to unpin these wires! Is there a video demonstrating how to do it? (I'm extremely new to wire harness projects).
I've tried paper clips, and the wife's hair pins etc. I can't seem to get these to pop loose.
Any extra tips? I feel pretty "simple" not able to get these pins out.
Thanks!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time, trying to unpin these wires! Is there a video demonstrating how to do it? (I'm extremely new to wire harness projects).
I've tried paper clips, and the wife's hair pins etc. I can't seem to get these to pop loose.
Any extra tips? I feel pretty "simple" not able to get these pins out.
Thanks!
I have a post around here somewhere with pictures for you... you need a sharp pin or needle, and you have to poke juuuust the right spot. Gimme a sec to find my old post.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Found my post: here it is.

The below pic is from my original post linked here. I have other pics to help too. Your pin moves the tab down (blue arrow direction) which releases the wire, but you’ll have to be pulling gently on the wire to start it sliding out/back after you’ve released it. Be very gentle with those little plastic tabs on your factory harness, because if you mess it up you’ll have to source a new one somehow.

1551825438578.jpeg

EJanx07

Reaction score

The below pic is from my original post linked here. I have other pics to help too. Your pin moves the tab down (blue arrow direction) which releases the wire, but you’ll have to be pulling gently on the wire to start it sliding out/back after you’ve released it. Be very gentle with those little plastic tabs on your factory harness, because if you mess it up you’ll have to source a new one somehow.

View attachment 17863
Thank you so much!!!!

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know which wires are for the rear? Is it the brown pair or orange pair?

EJanx07

Reaction score

View attachment 17863

Update: I was finally able to get the 4 + pins removed from the harness today, AND zero feedback noise! Thanks again YoAdrian!

Frank3225

Reaction score
Here is a write up I did for another forum. I have a 19 Bighorn Base 6 speaker audio. ANC was causing all kinds of issues. I like to hear my exhaust rumble and HEMI rev, ANC is not something I’m attached to. I will be redoing the audio (hence not wasting money on factory upgrades) and adding sound deadner where needed so I did this.

How to Disconnect ANC at amp.

So I have had a terrible time with the ANC system. After 2 trips to the dealer STAR has no clue on it after they replaced the amp. I inquired about disabling the system. STAR didn’t even know if it was possible. STAR want the vehicle to run some scans, but since it was not a drivability issue they would not pay for a loaner.

I didn’t want to fool with dropping the headliner and disconnecting the mics. So I obtained a wiring diagram for all stereo units. All the ANC mics used the same color across all units.

I have the 8.4 Base.

Locate Amp under driver seat. Move seat all the way forward and all the way up to have room to work.

View attachment 6794
View attachment 6787

Disconnect the signal out harness, on mine the large white one. Closest to the rear of vehicle on amp.

(Note take picture of wire orientation Incase you want to reconnect later)
View attachment 6795

On the underside of the connector is a long flat pin locking mechanism, pry that up on the middle insert to release pin locks.

View attachment 6791

It raises maybe an 1/8th”

View attachment 6792
View attachment 6790

All my Mic wires were the 4 sets on the left of the connector.

Looking at the harness the ANC wire colors are (Main color/ Stripe Color)

Mic 1- Brown/Orange + | Brown/Violet -

Mic 2- Brown/White + | Brown/Grey -

Mic 3- Orange/Dark Blue + | Orange Dark Green -

Mic 4- Orange/Green + | Orange Blue -

Once wires are located looking in the connector you will see a white tab at the top of each pin hole

View attachment 6793

Use a small screw driver, pick tool, or (what I used) a paper clip to slide the tab up. The wire pin will slide out.

Once all pins are out reconnect the connector to the amp, and test all systems to make sure function properly.
View attachment 6789

Your ANC will now be disconnected.

*** PERFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK***

I am not responsible for any mishaps or damage you may cause by performing this procedure.

Pulling the pins is proving to be extremely difficult. I’ve used a picking tool, paper clip and mini flat head screw driver. Is there any special trick that I might be missing. Thanks.

KRField

Reaction score
Pulling the pins is proving to be extremely difficult. I’ve used a picking tool, paper clip and mini flat head screw driver. Is there any special trick that I might be missing. Thanks.

It is a little tricky to find that sweet spot. Don’t use a lot of pressure as you can mangle the pins or tweak the holes. Once your it the wire almost falls out. Just make minor adjustments in the slot with a little pressure. After one comes out the rest will be easier as you will get an idea where the release tab is.

dboy

Reaction score
This write up saved me a lot of pain and suffering!!! Thanks

rhill

Reaction score
To those that have been having difficulty unpinning the harness or if you don't want to to do it, I came across this bypass harness for the ANC. The harness is excellent quality and is direct plug in play.
I am not affilitated with the company at all but wanted to share the harness.
A lot of misspelled words in the ad. Must be from a Chinese individual or company that doesnt speak English well. Ads like that make me nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread