5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First World Problem - Squeeky Seatbelt

Dame

Reaction score
Okay, so this may seem like, no it is a minor issue, drivers side seat belt is squeeky as hell, buts its right next to my ear which makes it annoying as hell, anyone else have this and if so what exactly did you lubricate and with what ?

Zolazar

Reaction score
Okay, so this may seem like, no it is a minor issue, drivers side seat belt is squeeky as hell, buts its right next to my ear which makes it annoying as hell, anyone else have this and if so what exactly did you lubricate and with what ?
I totally have this problem! I've not lubricated yet. Probably would want to try like a dry Teflon lube. Challenge being not getting it all over headliner.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, real annoying sometimes. I can usually adjust it a bit to make it stop... for awhile, but I haven't tried anything else yet.

Crockett

Reaction score
I also have this problem, but haven’t done anything about it. I’m open for any solutions. I don’t drive it every day, so it’s not too high on my radar right now.

834k3r

Reaction score
This literally started on mine during this morning's commute (<10K miles on the truck). Glad I'm not the only one. Following this for potential solutions.

As a former mountain biker (knees are kaput, thanks US Air Force!), there's a wax chain lubricant (White Lightning) that could work. As @Zolazar mentioned, spraying anything would be a delicate operation, and White Lightning usually comes in a liquid form.

stronbl

Reaction score
Yep ... same problem, same side but mine sounds like it is in the roller assembly on the floor. I tried the WD40 dry Teflon spray and maybe it helped for a week or so. Back to squeaking again. I'll try the dry spray at the shoulder assembly, maybe that's where it is really squeaking.

Dame

Reaction score
So glad people replied on this, and I wasn't the only one, I'm in truck 2 hours a day minimum.

I did notice on mine that the height adjustment wasnt locked in place, when I made sure it snapped/locked in palce it seems to of helped the problem.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
I sprayed mine and it’s been good for months now. I sprayed a little where the belt rides thru the clip and a little on the swivel on the door jam with Blaster garage door lubricant (silicone spray).

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can hear my adjuster "rattle" when I move or go over bumps due to the amount of play in it. I was thinking of tightening it up with a piece of velcro that has adhesive on one side. I haven't looked to see if that would work, but it would tighten it up so that it doesn't rattle from side to side.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine had that annoying squeak in my last truck but in my current truck it's quiet. So I guess you could say I fixed mine by trading the truck in :ROFLMAO:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine had the squeak from day one, until a few days into ownership i moved the height adjuster by the door pillar up and that did it. Hasn't come back ever since. What i find strange is my seat belts have a seam that seats right at your stomach, weird maybe its one of those things i never noticed in any of my previous cars. 20210917_203251.jpg 20210917_203429.jpg

JZ787

Reaction score
My passenger seat belt squeaked in my 2021 no matter what notch it was set on. Dealer replaced the retractor due to it having been damaged when it was originally installed. Everything is nice an quiet now.

Users who are viewing this thread