5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Truck First Ram

joe19lalo

Reaction score
First truck for myself which would make it he first Ram.

Excited to get a new truck for work, picked one up this past weekend in the So Cal. Picked a white Bighorn with sports package and LED lights, level 2 equipment group and few extras, felt that I got a good deal on it..52900 MSRP paid 39300 plux tax and fees.

Unfortunately I was at the dealer pretty late and they got the truck off a off-site location and brought it in, it had all the wrapping over the seats and stickers everyrwhere. They washed it and had it ready for me shortly after. I noticed it had a check engine light on and that the gas pedal felt odd for me before delivery, sales maneger said they just need to reset the computer another day because all the technicias were done that day. Brought it in today to get that done and servise advisor tells me they need to look at it for 2 days and it needs a part?

So I'm excited for it but I'm nervous that this came up already. Anyone have any experience like this ?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wouldnt get too concerned (yet). Better to be doing it now. That said I would have them tell you exactly what the part is and then make your decision. If it’s minor, no big deal. There’s always minor things (occasionally not so minor) to deal with. If it is not minor, I think you are within your rights to have them take it back. They cannot deliver a vehicle to you with a check engine light on and I would not personally have driven it off the lot that way. So find out what it is and take it from there. Hopefully/probably minor and you can move on and enjoy your truck. Maybe they will throw in some free oil changes for getting off in the wrong foot.

Users who are viewing this thread