5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First tow with my 19 limited air ride

Txd33r

Reaction score
First tow with the 19 limited. I didn’t go too far about 600 miles round trip with about 3000lbs is all. Towed fine I love the suspension auto leveling it’s awesome. Coming from my f150 it’s comparable. Only very slight annoyance is I can’t seem to override rear sensors for hooking up to the trailer. Also when trailer is attached it doesn’t auto turn off rear sensors like the ford did because of the 4 pin situation. I read that the park sense is automatically turned off via the resistance present in the trailer breaks I believe.Otherwise everything’s great.

E78AD18E-A551-4342-93EA-8937663ECA5F.jpeg

Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
That load is easy. I tow a RZR1000 4 seater every weekend for the past year... It's a piece of cake for this truck!

NDanecker

Reaction score
That's an easy load for the 1500. May want to get a larger drop receiver though as the trailer is not level, and putting some added weight on the rear trailer tires.

Txd33r

Reaction score
That's an easy load for the 1500. May want to get a larger drop receiver though as the trailer is not level, and putting some added weight on the rear trailer tires.
Agreed I saw that. I have a weigh safe hitch on there but looks like I’ll need to adjust it. I had a touch over 10% tongue weight at 350lbs on but the auto adjust in the suspension still causes it to sit high.

Polo08816

Reaction score
First tow with the 19 limited. I didn’t go too far about 600 miles round trip with about 3000lbs is all. Towed fine I love the suspension auto leveling it’s awesome. Coming from my f150 it’s comparable. Only very slight annoyance is I can’t seem to override rear sensors for hooking up to the trailer. Also when trailer is attached it doesn’t auto turn off rear sensors like the ford did because of the 4 pin situation. I read that the park sense is automatically turned off via the resistance present in the trailer breaks I believe.Otherwise everything’s great.

View attachment 60206

I like the wheels on your truck. Which ones are those?

Users who are viewing this thread