5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First thing to break on my new Ram

Sdhills

Reaction score
glass.jpg
2023 1500 with 1300 mi. Dealer will let me know what the fix is for this rear power window

23RAM

Reaction score
2023 1500 with 1300 mi. Dealer will let me know what the fix is for this rear power window
Looks like the bolts were over-torqued? Or maybe weak flawed metal?
I'm guessing they can replace just the slider.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Possibly the cable got snagged on the child-seat mounting strap, breaking one of the solder joints (not sure what solder they are using but the stuff is garbage) and popping the other snap connector.
Most likely looking at a new rear window assembly.

Sdhills

Reaction score
Thanks Geddyflea. I kinda figured it would take a entire window replacement. I couldn't see a easy fix after studying it. Dam shame.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Thanks Geddyflea. I kinda figured it would take a entire window replacement. I couldn't see a easy fix after studying it. Dam shame.
My dealer had a glass company come in to the dealership to fix it, which I think is pretty standard. I've not had any trouble with it since it was replaced. I hope you have the same luck with yours.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Funny thing. They usually do replace the entire assembly, but Mopar lists the center glass separately.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Conductive silver epoxy would work in this situation

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
My dealer had a glass company come in to the dealership to fix it, which I think is pretty standard. I've not had any trouble with it since it was replaced. I hope you have the same luck with yours.

Most dealers do this and you're better off. I had my 19' rear window replaced for the classic/infamous crack and leaking. The glass shops are doing better with the replacements and using more flexible adhesives that prevent more cracking.

Sdhills

Reaction score
Conductive silver epoxy would work in this situation
After a little research, I think your on to something. I'd rather have it repaired than a whole window replacement. Watched a video on the replacement and it's a huge job. Still waiting for word on what they will do.

Sdhills

Reaction score
Update: Dealer ordered a new rear window, that's the fix. I would have been happy with trying the epoxy fix and then replace later if it didn't hold.
Talked to the glass tech that will be doing the replacement and said he's done several but it's a real pita to do.

Sdhills

Reaction score
update: I got my new rear glass and it looks great. Glass tech said its no fun to replace, but he has done quite a few. Not the way I wanted to go, but because it was under warranty, I had to do it and glad I did.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe they replace the whole assembly. I've repaired a few in other vehicles, just clean and resolder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online