5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Tank for First Truck Ever from Saudi Arabia

ST3500

Reaction score
1. Are the Heavy Duty RAM's (2500 and 3500) Diesel Powered popular in Saudi Arabia ?

No they aren't popular as there in US for sure. and the reason in my opinion is because we are not doing a heavy
towing in general. It is mostly for boats, motorcycles and some other light trailers.

2. You mention that gas is $ 1.51 x gallon, is that price for: 87 octane (regular), 88–90 octane (midgrade), or 91–94 octane (premium) gas ?

This is for the mid grade and BTW we only have 2 grades for gas in here. $1.51 and $2.13.

3. How much does Diesel cost (as an average price at the pump, of course) ?

It is $0.47 per gallon for diesel. Super cheap ha :)

And diesel just become popular here because of sudden increase in gas during past 4 years. It went up %350 !
So now we see S-Classes and some other fancy cars in diesel which wasn't the case, it was limited to lorries and some pickups.

4. How about Ford and GM counterparts? Are they available as well in Saudi Arabia? If yes, which one of the three is the most popular.

Yes all three are available and GM is taken the lead that's for sure and Ford is following. But I can feel RAM is
moving forward with confident with their all new 2019 and up.

Hello Shamlan,
Thank you for responding, it's very kind of you.

The price per gallon for diesel in your Country ………… Waoww...that's super cheap !!

I can see why GM is leading the competition with their luxurious "Denali" line of pickup trucks. But, like you said, the new 5th generation RAM's (Laramie and Limited) it is definitely becoming a serious competitor (if not better already), especially on the comfort and luxury department.
Being Italian native myself; I believe that FIAT has been of a great influence on integrating a "little finesse" on the interiors of our legendary beloved "all American Pickup Trucks" .

Actually, it would be funny if the 3 manufacturers do escalate on a "interior luxury war" in the next few years...……. I would guess then: the top of the line RAM's will have Ferrari quality leather designed by Donatella Versace !! And that would be hilarious, and awesome at the same time :D.
(I'm sure that my above statements will open a "big can of worms" with other members in this forum......... LOL... )

Cheers my friend !
ST

ST3500

Reaction score
Agree 100%. My Rebel styling shouts Italia! love it!

Every time I look at my truck I hear this song in my head: "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie: That's amooooore !!!" Heheee...…. ( I hope my better half won't read this comment, before I know I'll be sleeping in my truck for a week !! :D )

Users who are viewing this thread