5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Tank for First Truck Ever from Saudi Arabia

Shamlan

Reaction score
Will here I am. After 6 months -at least- of thinking, FINALLY pulled the trigger for an Ivory White Limited 2020 with all the options -almost- that you can have.

Yes this is my FIRST by a lot of means: 1st ever 4x4, 1st ever truck -actually not for me but for the family too-, 1st FCA.

This was the third car in my list of ownership, coming from sports cars background, this TRUCK is really a DIIFFERENCE!

A Holden Commodore Calais 5.7 '06 former owner -cannot find any pics unfortunately:(- that followed by a Mustang GT 5.0 MT with +700rwhp -it is still here BTW and maybe for good- then, this LIMITED!

Oh I just realized that; never owned a car with less than V8 and < 5000cc. Yes gas here is cheap -before someone asking- but not like the old days where 1 litre is 0.60 SAR which is 0.60 USD per gallon! -YES it was cheaper than a bottle of water- but being through sequence of increases to land on 1.6 SAR per litre which is 1.51 USD per gallon -still cheap tho I know-.

This Truck is awesome particularly with its LIMITED trim. It drives like a SHIP -will at least for me-. It rides like: you on BUTTER! It is spacious and luxurious! It attracts so much attentions -RAM is unknown as GM and Ford trucks in here- not to mention this gorgeous Ivory white colour with those Chromes! Really love it.

The Limited is only available in one configuration with almost every options and the options I want and I don’t -didn’t like the 22"s as the multi-function tailgate and the black interior-.

This truck was offered in 70,400 USD out of door but managed to get a 68,000 sharp -knew someone at dealership-. Did simulate the same options in the configurator and led to 65,220 USD. Mind that this 68,000 USD is 5 years/62,000 mile maintenance free!

For me, it is more than an awesome deal and the LIMITED -in specific- is worth every penny in my opinion!

I am really happy with the choice. This car was marked all checks that I am looking for as it was the missing piece for the diversity that I am looking for ( AT vs MT, Truck vs Coupe, Softness vs Harshness, Tiny vs Giant and Muscle vs Athlete)!.

So, I am planning to keep it for a while as it is simply has a lot to do and to enjoy with for the upcoming years!

My Princess
20170728_191533.jpg

20170630_113342.jpg

She was lonely
20200207_113956.jpg

Take a final look at the dealership before I make my mind for it
20200205_181407.jpg

The Delivery Day!
20200211_224325.jpg

20200212_000933.jpg

She's very first morning at home
20200212_081258.jpg

Took it for a smooth ride into the desert
20200214_172441.jpg

20200214_172510.jpg

20200214_172612.jpg

Fill it up yesterday for the 2nd tank to keep the enjoyment!

Thanks for reading and wish you a happy ride!

Shamlan.

Konrad

Reaction score
Beautiful truck and great pictures in the desert. RAM could use these in their advertising :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RiskReward

Reaction score
Love sharing a connection across the world. Fantastic pictures and great looking ride. Enjoy the truck my friend!

Shamlan

Reaction score

Firebird

Reaction score
What a beautiful truck you picked up, and I just love the pictures! Keep the reports coming.

Seaeco

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the Ram family!!

Viking42

Reaction score
If you have a tipp on how to get the GPS/NAV working outstide the US
I'll be happy to hear how to.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats. I was a Ford guy pretty much all my life,..then I started seeing a lot of hype about the new 5th Gen RAMS..especially the Limited, so I thought "what the heck, might as well test drive one"...came back from the test drive and told the sales lady.." I'm buying this truck!"...it was that nice a ride. You will love this truck.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Will here I am. After 6 months -at least- of thinking, FINALLY pulled the trigger for an Ivory White Limited 2020 with all the options -almost- that you can have.

Yes this is my FIRST by a lot of means: 1st ever 4x4, 1st ever truck -actually not for me but for the family too-, 1st FCA.

This was the third car in my list of ownership, coming from sports cars background, this TRUCK is really a DIIFFERENCE!

A Holden Commodore Calais 5.7 '06 former owner -cannot find any pics unfortunately:(- that followed by a Mustang GT 5.0 MT with +700rwhp -it is still here BTW and maybe for good- then, this LIMITED!

Oh I just realized that; never owned a car with less than V8 and < 5000cc. Yes gas here is cheap -before someone asking- but not like the old days where 1 litre is 0.60 SAR which is 0.60 USD per gallon! -YES it was cheaper than a bottle of water- but being through sequence of increases to land on 1.6 SAR per litre which is 1.51 USD per gallon -still cheap tho I know-.

This Truck is awesome particularly with its LIMITED trim. It drives like a SHIP -will at least for me-. It rides like: you on BUTTER! It is spacious and luxurious! It attracts so much attentions -RAM is unknown as GM and Ford trucks in here- not to mention this gorgeous Ivory white colour with those Chromes! Really love it.

The Limited is only available in one configuration with almost every options and the options I want and I don’t -didn’t like the 22"s as the multi-function tailgate and the black interior-.

This truck was offered in 70,400 USD out of door but managed to get a 68,000 sharp -knew someone at dealership-. Did simulate the same options in the configurator and led to 65,220 USD. Mind that this 68,000 USD is 5 years/62,000 mile maintenance free!

For me, it is more than an awesome deal and the LIMITED -in specific- is worth every penny in my opinion!

I am really happy with the choice. This car was marked all checks that I am looking for as it was the missing piece for the diversity that I am looking for ( AT vs MT, Truck vs Coupe, Softness vs Harshness, Tiny vs Giant and Muscle vs Athlete)!.

So, I am planning to keep it for a while as it is simply has a lot to do and to enjoy with for the upcoming years!

My Princess
View attachment 46884

View attachment 46885

She was lonely
View attachment 46886

Take a final look at the dealership before I make my mind for it
View attachment 46887

The Delivery Day!
View attachment 46888

View attachment 46889

She's very first morning at home
View attachment 46890

Took it for a smooth ride into the desert
View attachment 46883

View attachment 46892

View attachment 46893

Fill it up yesterday for the 2nd tank to keep the enjoyment!

Thanks for reading and wish you a happy ride!

Shamlan.
Great looking truck and photos. Congrats!

ST3500

Reaction score
Hello!
Hey, since you're coming from a part of the world that I don't know much about it, I have a few questions:

1. Are the Heavy Duty RAM's (2500 and 3500) Diesel Powered popular in Saudi Arabia ?
2. You mention that gas is $ 1.51 x gallon, is that price for: 87 octane (regular), 88–90 octane (midgrade), or 91–94 octane (premium) gas ?
3. How much does Diesel cost (as an average price at the pump, of course) ?
4. How about Ford and GM counterparts? Are they available as well in Saudi Arabia? If yes, which one of the three is the most popular.

Thank you in advance, and cheers from Northern California !! :)

Shamlan

Reaction score
Hello!
Hey, since you're coming from a part of the world that I don't know much about it, I have a few questions:

1. Are the Heavy Duty RAM's (2500 and 3500) Diesel Powered popular in Saudi Arabia ?
2. You mention that gas is $ 1.51 x gallon, is that price for: 87 octane (regular), 88–90 octane (midgrade), or 91–94 octane (premium) gas ?
4. How about Ford and GM counterparts? Are they available as well in Saudi Arabia? If yes, which one of the three is the most popular.

Thank you in advance, and cheers from Northern California !! :)

No they aren't popular as there in US for sure. and the reason in my opinion is because we are not doing a heavy
towing in general. It is mostly for boats, motorcycles and some other light trailers.

This is for the mid grade and BTW we only have 2 grades for gas in here. $1.51 and $2.13.

It is $0.47 per gallon for diesel. Super cheap ha :)

And diesel just become popular here because of sudden increase in gas during past 4 years. It went up %350 !
So now we see S-Classes and some other fancy cars in diesel which wasn't the case, it was limited to lorries and some pickups.

Yes all three are available and GM is taken the lead that's for sure and Ford is following. But I can feel RAM is
moving forward with confident with their all new 2019 and up.

Users who are viewing this thread