5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First post 2020 ED longhorn

rorischak

Reaction score
Hey everyone

first post, I have been lurking on this site for months. I have wanted a Ram since I got rid of my 2007 gmc Sierra Denali. I have been working with a local ram dealer here in PA and honestly not a huge fan of the salesman. Nice enough guy but you can tell he was not going to fight to get me the best price and was not hugely knowledgeable about the rams. I know more than him by a mile and I have never owned one before. Here is my problem...since I have been researching on the forum for such a long time I knew exactly what I wanted and what I didn’t (kinda).

I wanted a red longhorn, off road package, 20” tires, level 1 package w/12” screen, mft, ram boxes 3.92, hemi. I was hoping to find one on a lot someplace but after months I could not find one. I finally decided to order one but I was going to miss out on employee pricing.
I sent out a build sheet to 8 dealers. Most got back and provided a cost and honestly they were all pretty bad prices. Msrp was 66,200 and most were coming back around 62;000. Honestly many of them did not even look at the build sheet and quoted me something different than what I wanted to order which pisses me off but I sent one quote out of state and that was to Koons Virginia and they killed everyone and came back at 58,300. However I see they had this ED and had everything I wanted plus a lot more but list price was way to high for me. I asked him to see what he could do and he came back at slightly more than the one I was going to order. I quickly jumped on the deal.

I have had it several days and love it. The EDis great and has more power than I expected. More to follow.

overall koons was great and I would not have even sent them to quote without this forum but they have been talked aboutwith some good results.

thank you everyone as I have hawked this forum for long time.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear you got the exact truck you wanted. Please share your rig’s vitals on your signature when you have a spare moment.

Merry Christmas,
Neurobit

eyeguy

Reaction score
Had a 2015 outdoorsman ed. Love the truck and at times could break 30 mpg with no wind going 55-60. Nice low rpm torque of the diesel was fun. Traded it for a hemi bc my trips to work are only 2 miles and more in town stop n go than on the road use didnt seem like a good longterm match for a diesel.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. Glad to hear the feedback on koons.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread