5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Oil Change - Ramcare

poziner

Reaction score
I am at 7,500 and was thinking to go do my first oil change. I tried to schedule it on the Mopar Owner site, but it shows that I will owe $$ to get it changed. I thought the first 4 oil changes were covered by Ramcare program. Did I understand it wrong or what is the process to schedule the oil change with ramcare? @RamCares

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first 4 are covered but it’s only good for 2 years from when you bought your vehicle

Smon

Reaction score
Just got my 1st one done with ramcare. I have an ecodiesel and it was still free. Texas resident

poziner

Reaction score
Just got my 1st one done with ramcare. I have an ecodiesel and it was still free. Texas resident
Did you schedule it via website or just walked in to the dealership?

Smon

Reaction score
I called the dealership to make sure the ecodiesel was still free. But nothing special needed, just walk in. The VIN is picked up and shows 4 free oil changes

poziner

Reaction score
I called the dealership to make sure the ecodiesel was still free. But nothing special needed, just walk in. The VIN is picked up and shows 4 free oil changes
Cool, thanks for the info!

U

User_3336

RAMCARE 4 free oil changes ended about 3 years ago in most markets. Simply a money saving thing.

In your RAM OWNERS CENTER you can check and see it you have a plan that says "SEC LOF".

Smon

Reaction score
It’s funny because it isn’t marketed at all here. Wasn’t ever told about it at the dealer. I got a letter in the mail with the ramcare info and then saw info on here about it

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s funny because it isn’t marketed at all here. Wasn’t ever told about it at the dealer. I got a letter in the mail with the ramcare info and then saw info on here about it
Where are you located? I didn’t hear much at the dealership either...but it’s a standard offering on Texas trucks.

Smon

Reaction score
I’m in west Texas but bought the truck in Houston. I checked with 5-6 dealers in tax and none of them mentioned this deal. With an ecodiesel, it ends up being worth $1,000+

poziner

Reaction score
I was not told anything about the Ramcare by the dealership either. I specifically asked them if they offered complimentary oil changes and they flat out said NO. I was little bummed because I came from Tundra and they offered free 2yrs/25k services. Glad to see a mail from Ramcare tho.

U

User_3336

It's just like none of the dealers tell you about the BONUSDRIVE program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online