5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Dent, not anyone’s fault.....

nburd

Reaction score
A rock in the center median rumble strip,. A car coming the other way hit the rumble strip and threw it at my my drivers door. We were both going around 55. It really stinks. I do not think the paint is broken. The closest PDR is 3 hours away.... I guess it had to happen at some point. The same thing already happened to the windshield too this winter. That’s what I get for buying my first new truck....and trying to keep it perfect.

A5401D77-C9A6-4C5C-9FFA-9CC10C3E658F.jpeg

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, mine's been a bit beat up in it's short life. A big shade umbrella tipped over in the wind and dented the hood, a busted rear tail light and a huge glass pane shattering on the highway right in front of us resulting in over $7K in replacements/repairs. Everything is back like new now, but it sure sucks when it happens.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a similar ding from some asshat in a parking lot. Was at the dealer for an oil change and replacement part for my rear door...they text their PDR guy and he came right over and took the dent out. If you can get someone to do the work it should come out. Mine was on the crease.

glasswagon

Reaction score
why not buy a PDR kit off amazon and try it yourself, they have free returns if it doesn't work.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DON'T DO IT! The PDR kit they show on TV is good for removing a perfectly shaped dent that they created fro the commercial. If you over pull the dent, you now have an outward dent. Or, if you install the glue cup in the wrong place, you could pull up the outer edges of the dent, but leave the center indented, creating a volcano looking dent. Leave it to the professionals.

I know this because I used to do PDR and have seen it all. A person that's good at what they do can make it look easy, but if you don't know what you're doing, you can quickly and easily screw up the door. Which, by the way, will cost more to fix.

Users who are viewing this thread