5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First 300km in my New Rebel

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, still grinning. I've done two small highway trips (I like that to be the start of the break-in process) and have learned a little about my new best friend in the first 300km of his life. (yes, a truck this badass is gonna be a 'he')

He's solid, holy hanna is this truck solid! From the door handles to the knobs on the dash, EVERYTHING is crisp, refined and tight. I'm stunned at the build quality. Better than I imagined. FCA really upped their game in fit and finish dept.

That new tailgate handle/soft button thingy... NICE. A really classy touch I thought would be on just the Limited or Longhorn. And the addition of the button on the box LEDs, nice.

Paint, as good or better than my 16'. Haven't found any flaws, yet. Hopefully I don't.

Goodyear's. Thank goodness! I did not like the Toyos.

Quiet, man o man is this truck quiet. It adds to the solid feeling of the whole truck.

The 8.4nav Alpine 9 speaker system. Updated big time from the 16'. The speakers are updated and I think the bass is just as good or better... that's having the luxury of being in both within minutes of each other. Haven't had any hickups or glitches with any of the 8.4nav functions.

Overall driving is smoother. Again, more solid. I'm coming from an air ride truck into the new standard coil Rebel and, drum roll, it's better.

I know this seems heavily weighted to pure bliss... but I can only report my experience for what it is, bliss. If you've ordered a coil suspension Rebel, get ready to be really happy.

More to come!

sgk

Reaction score
It would be nice if the rest of us enjoy our trucks as much as you do. It's nice to see how pleased you are with it. I'm curious to see your reviews after a few thousand k.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I drove by and checked out the Rebel at the dealer. It is a twin to yours. Man...it is the best looking truck on the lot.

So glad to hear you are happy with your truck

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I drive my vehicles hard. I have a heavy foot and am a student of driving, I will make this truck work. I also hunt and fish in places that have challenging terrain, so this Rebel is going to be tested daily.

Reactions: 356

sgk

Reaction score
Thanks! I drive my vehicles hard. I have a heavy foot and am a student of driving, I will make this truck work. I also hunt and fish in places that have challenging terrain, so this Rebel is going to be tested daily.

Sounds like a good autotrader ad for when you're ready to sell.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Small update: 600km in, mostly highway.

Ride is SOOOO smooth. I would be amazed if the air ride trucks were any better.

Whisper quiet. I mean not a whistle, not a click or bump... nothing. I've never been in such a quiet vehicle.

Smooth power. My 16' suffered from the MDS bog all the time. Constantly disabled it via gear select or tow/haul. The 19' is such a more refined smooth power curve... no bog, no hesitation... why anyone would need the Peddle Commander is beyond me, I'm extremely pleased with peddle response and power.

Uconnect has been great, have to switch over my account from my 16' or cancel? Only glitch, which isn't really a glitch probably is today 'surround sound' was greyed out parked or driving. Probably needs a refresh. Everything else is great. I think because the cab is so quiet, the new Alpine sounds louder and cleaner.

Went to the car wash and sprayed all the windows, parksense sensors and pano roof... not a drop. No parksense warnings or issues either.

Went out for Sunday cruise night, not another 19' Ram in sight, let alone a Rebel... felt very special with all the heads turning. And ran into a Ram/Mopar club, answered a million questions and an equal amount of compliments. What a night!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Drove into local dealer yesterday. Quite a few people checking out the 2019s on sunday.

I drooled over the Rebed again. What an awesome truck. They have a 2018 there, and the 2019 is so much better looking.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Rebel...still trying hard to convince myself I don't need a 2500...speaking of that...@VaderRebel have you posted a pic of your Tire and loading sticker? That would be greatly appreciated.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/please-post-your-tire-and-loading-sticker.374/page-5

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Drove into local dealer yesterday. Quite a few people checking out the 2019s on sunday.

I drooled over the Rebed again. What an awesome truck. They have a 2018 there, and the 2019 is so much better looking.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Rebel...still trying hard to convince myself I don't need a 2500...speaking of that...@VaderRebel have you posted a pic of your Tire and loading sticker? That would be greatly appreciated.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/please-post-your-tire-and-loading-sticker.374/page-5
I'll post that after work, thanks for the reminder!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Rebel one posted from truck nationals. It doesn't have some of the extras yours does. Will be interesting to see what it is.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgot to add AC performance to my last update. Truck is a freaking meat locker, temp set to low 20's (75f?) on auto climate and haven't touched it since delivery. Great airflow and consistent temps. Build date was 07/13/18.

Edit: Thats with record temps up here at 38c and 100f... perfect timing for a heatwave to confirm AC was working.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Forgot to add AC performance to my last update. Truck is a freaking meat locker, temp set to low 20's (75f?) on auto climate and haven't touched it since delivery. Great airflow and consistent temps. Build date was 07/13/18.

Edit: Thats with record temps up here at 38c and 100f... perfect timing for a heatwave to confirm AC was working.
congrats. glad you're enjoying your rebel. i saw one at my dealer, man do they look good. i'm still loving my limited after having her for 25 days. every time i take a drive it's like wow! just like when you started dating a new girl when you was younger. you couldn't wait to be with her again! enjoy!! no question in 5 years it will be ram # 5 for me!

Users who are viewing this thread