5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firestone destination x/t

Hamesie

Reaction score
I put them on my Rebel. Such a smooth ride. Plus the snow and ice rating on the tires beat the BF Goodrich, which I have always been a fan of and purchased for every truck I have ever owned. I just put them on and will give you an update in a month.

UglyMonk3y

Reaction score
i have them on my rebel and have been happy with 10k miles. a lot less noise compared to the oem duratrack, i replaced mine at 75k miles. it seems more bouncy but leans less on tight turns if that makes sense. i know that in my logic, if it's bouncy, then it should lean more. no change in mpg. even though it's the exact same size as duratracks, visually it looks narrower (width). it also loves to pick up gravel. and as you can see, it's not as aggressive. wet and dry road behavior is good. haven't tried it in snow or off road. 20231122_133915.jpg 20231122_133910.jpg 20231122_133855.jpg

Last edited:

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have them on my rebel and have been happy with 10k miles. a lot less noise compared to the oem duratrack, i replaced mine at 75k miles. it seems more bouncy but leans less on tight turns if that makes sense. i know that in my logic, if it's bouncy, then it should lean more. no change in mpg. even though it's the exact same size as duratracks, visually it looks narrower (width). it also loves to pick up gravel. and as you can see, it's not as aggressive. wet and dry road behavior is good. haven't tried it in snow or off road. View attachment 178083 View attachment 178084 View attachment 178085
Maybe a stiffer sidewall over the duratracs? That would make sense for it being bouncier and less lean.

Hamesie

Reaction score
i have them on my rebel and have been happy with 10k miles. a lot less noise compared to the oem duratrack, i replaced mine at 75k miles. it seems more bouncy but leans less on tight turns if that makes sense. i know that in my logic, if it's bouncy, then it should lean more. no change in mpg. even though it's the exact same size as duratracks, visually it looks narrower (width). it also loves to pick up gravel. and as you can see, it's not as aggressive. wet and dry road behavior is good. haven't tried it in snow or off road. View attachment 178083 View attachment 178084 View attachment 178085
How have you liked them overall. I found that the ride smoother and better mpg in the city. Not as heavy of a tire as the BF Goodrich’s

UglyMonk3y

Reaction score
How have you liked them overall. I found that the ride smoother and better mpg in the city. Not as heavy of a tire as the BF Goodrich’s

I'm 95% happy with the tires. road noise was my main complaint on the duratracks, specially pass 60k miles. ride quality is much better, that bounce i mentioned is a good thing. at first i was getting improved 1 mpg, but then after a month or so, my average mpg went back to normal (23 to 25 mpg) at 70 to 75 mph. i do mainly highway driving.

the 5% negative is just it looks less aggressive and narrow and I'm OK with that.

Users who are viewing this thread