5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finished the exhaust!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome videos from everyone here - I might need to compile up a page of all known exhasut combos w/clips to finally make a decision. Still tempted to go the cutout route just for quiet long drives + loud rumble when wanted.

A tip to everyone who uses remote start - you can turn off the double honk in uConnect. I use my Remote Start 2x daily so the honk gets really really annoying + my neighbors would hate me having it echo in the morning

nicktisingh

Reaction score
When I deleted the muffler and resonators on my truck it was crazy loud. I ended up welding back in a magnaflow muffler and left the resonators out. I hated the sound that came from the resonators. I love the way it sounds now. This video is resonators deleted and just the mag muffler
I think your set up sounds the best, ive been browsing at many options and replacing the muffler and removing the resonators is the best option, btw im in Vancouver BC i have a 19 limited

mac1983620

Reaction score
When I deleted the muffler and resonators on my truck it was crazy loud. I ended up welding back in a magnaflow muffler and left the resonators out. I hated the sound that came from the resonators. I love the way it sounds now. This video is resonators deleted and just the mag muffler
do the resonators make that exhaust leak sound after a muffler swap? I put in a Flowmaster and at idle it sounds like there's a leak. Is it due to the increased flow through the holes in the resonators?

mac1983620

Reaction score
The sound with the resonators was good except for the terrible airy/exhaust leak sound from the weep holes in the resonators
so when you do a muffler swap or delete, that's what that sound is? I just got a Flowmaster muffler in, and at idle it sounds like crap.

19 streak

Reaction score
so when you do a muffler swap or delete, that's what that sound is? I just got a Flowmaster muffler in, and at idle it sounds like crap.
That is exactly the sound you are hearing. If you start the truck and crawl under the rear by the resonators you'll hear the exhaust coming out of the weeping holes at the bottom of the resonators. I noticed it when my truck was bone stock but it was much worse after the muffler swap.

mac1983620

Reaction score
That is exactly the sound you are hearing. If you start the truck and crawl under the rear by the resonators you'll hear the exhaust coming out of the weeping holes at the bottom of the resonators. I noticed it when my truck was bone stock but it was much worse after the muffler swap.
Did you plug yours or delete the resonators?

randy1yyz

Reaction score
Is your neighbor across the street hot? I saw some legs but couldn’t see everything else well. Haha
Hi, bro do you hear any rattling noice when you rev? Actually I did only mid muffler delete on my 2019 sport, it sounds great except when I start the engine or give a gas while driving. Thats so annoying

randy1yyz

Reaction score
Deleted the resonators. I debated on just welding the holes shut but ended up cutting them out instead

Hi bro, Actually I have the same problem of that rattling noise, I did only mid muffler delete on my 2019 sport, it sounds great except when I start the engine or give a gas while driving, it make a rattling noise for a second or two. Thats so annoying. In starting I felt like something is loose underneath but when I checked everything was properly intact.

steelcity58@nd

Reaction score
Just did the exhust delete on my 19 ram. Now I'm getting a weird smell and some stem from my engine any ideal on what this could be. Thanks

WR986

Reaction score
Sounds great and I love that color. :)

Attachments

• Truck.jpeg
    Truck.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread