5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finished the exhaust!

carlosroliva

Reaction score
I finally went through with removing the resonators on my truck also even after the muffler delete, Well here is a video of the 2019 RAM 1500 5.7L BIGHORN/QUAD CAB exhaust with a muffler and resonator delete behind the tips.
Please let me know what you guys think! :)

Junirol

Reaction score
I finally went through with removing the resonators on my truck also even after the muffler delete, Well here is a video of the 2019 RAM 1500 5.7L BIGHORN/QUAD CAB exhaust with a muffler and resonator delete behind the tips.

sounds good, is there drone while driving on the freeway? Curious because I'll be replacing the factory muffler with a magnaflow, debating on deleting the resonators but I don't want drone. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
sounds good, is there drone while driving on the freeway? Curious because I'll be replacing the factory muffler with a magnaflow, debating on deleting the resonators but I don't want drone. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
I have that setup with the resonators and don't have any drone. I also can't tell if having the resonators deleted sounds to different from mine...:unsure:

19 streak

Reaction score
When I deleted the muffler and resonators on my truck it was crazy loud. I ended up welding back in a magnaflow muffler and left the resonators out. I hated the sound that came from the resonators. I love the way it sounds now. This video is resonators deleted and just the mag muffler

19 streak

Reaction score
The sound with the resonators was good except for the terrible airy/exhaust leak sound from the weep holes in the resonators

cruz1996

Reaction score
It sounds great I guess for comparison sake here's a mag with the res
Mine has this exact sound I put a flowmaster in the mid muffler and now it sounds like there is more noise coming from those stock resonators.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Mine has this exact sound I put a flowmaster in the mid muffler and now it sounds like there is more noise coming from those stock resonators.
I debated removing the mid muffler as well but I let the whole back pressure debate get the best of me.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm content with leaving the resonators on.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sounds great. How does it sound on the road? Any interior drone?

cruz1996

Reaction score
I debated removing the mid muffler as well but I let the whole back pressure debate get the best of me.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm content with leaving the resonators on.
It’s strange I didn’t hear the same noise today I just got the flowmaster put on yesterday. So maybe it’s just where it’s new idk. But it sounded really good today. At least it’s not doing it 24/7 id go crazy. I really hate the mds when it kicks in and out

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
It’s strange I didn’t hear the same noise today I just got the flowmaster put on yesterday. So maybe it’s just where it’s new idk. But it sounded really good today. At least it’s not doing it 24/7 id go crazy. I really hate the mds when it kicks in and out
The MDS is the only reason I'm even worried about that drone. I've heard others just opt to "disable" MDS....but part of me is still 1 foot still in the mpg mindfulness game while other foot is wreckless abandonment for sound

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
When I deleted the muffler and resonators on my truck it was crazy loud. I ended up welding back in a magnaflow muffler and left the resonators out. I hated the sound that came from the resonators. I love the way it sounds now. This video is resonators deleted and just the mag muffler
Sounds great. Congrats.

JdotLeal

Reaction score
The sound with the resonators was good except for the terrible airy/exhaust leak sound from the weep holes in the resonators

I was wondering what that sound was, like a rattling type noise right? I had a carven installed, sounds great,but that rattling noise drives me crazy!

19 streak

Reaction score
I was wondering what that sound was, like a rattling type noise right? I had a carven installed, sounds great,but that rattling noise drives me crazy!
Mine didn't have much of a rattling noise. It's more of an exhaust leak sound. If you start the truck and get under by the resonators you can feel the exhaust coming out of the weeping holes. I hate the sound of exhaust leaks. You have a full carven setup? So your problem should be gone with that kit from what I understand right?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If something is rattling, something is loose. My Carven system has no rattling.

Longhorn

Reaction score
So

Sounds good

cruz1996

Reaction score
Mine didn't have much of a rattling noise. It's more of an exhaust leak sound. If you start the truck and get under by the resonators you can feel the exhaust coming out of the weeping holes. I hate the sound of exhaust leaks. You have a full carven setup? So your problem should be gone with that kit from what I understand right?
No I just had a flowmaster muffler put in place only in the middle of the truck. Left the stock resonators on. At first it had the exhaust leak sound but now I don’t hear it anymore it sounds really good. Except for the mds when it kicks in and it’s terrible when it kicks out it makes a loud exhaust pressure noise it’s hard to describe the sound it makes. Overall i got the sound I wanted from it. I’ll just turn the radio up to avoid hearing mds

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but what is MDS? Lol

I’m looking into swapping the exhaust for a better sound so I’m doing research here

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but what is MDS? Lol

I’m looking into swapping the exhaust for a better sound so I’m doing research here
Multi Displacement System. It kicks the engine from 8 cylinders to 4 when all 8 cylinders are not needed. Supposed to help fuel economy, but the gain seems to be minimal at best. I find myself turning it off frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread