5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finger on the trigger....

heydre

Reaction score
Been trolling for months collecting information and looking to probably order this week since I can't seem to find the right color/combo/pkgs on the lots....a couple questions:
  • 1. Is it possible to order the 33gal tank WITH the lvl2 pkg (it drops when you add L2 pkg)?
  • 2. At RamTrucks.com, is the "net price" what becomes the sticker price after you add destination charge to it?
  • 3. My dealer claims to guarantee my rebates on that day of ordering...any tricks/catches I need to look out for when ordering other than negotiating a good price (shooting for min 20% off sticker)? (answered)
  • 4. Are there noticeable diffs in handling/MPG between widths on 20" rims (x9, x10, x12)?

Thanks for input gents...

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Been trolling for months collecting information and looking to probably order this week since I can't seem to find the right color/combo/pkgs on the lots....a couple questions:
1. Is it possible to order the 33gal tank WITH the lvl2 pkg (it drops when you add L2 pkg)?
2. My dealer claims to guarantee my rebates on that day of ordering...any tricks/catches I need to look out for when ordering other than negotiating a good price (shooting for min 20% off sticker)?
3. Are there noticeable diffs in handling/MPG between widths on 20" rims (x9, x10, x12)?

As far as #2 is concerned, NO dealer can guarantee anything as rebates can change at the drop of a hat so that one I would be VERY weary of this one and get it in WRITING which is crystal clear so it cannot be interpreted any other way than what you are saying. All reputable dealers will tell you that they can NOT guarantee manufacturer rebates or factory financing deals at the time of delivery as they know they are a variable they cannot control.

RPeezy

Reaction score
As far as #2 is concerned, NO dealer can guarantee anything as rebates can change at the drop of a hat so that one I would be VERY weary of this one and get it in WRITING which is crystal clear so it cannot be interpreted any other way than what you are saying. All reputable dealers will tell you that they can NOT guarantee manufacturer rebates or factory financing deals at the time of delivery as they know they are a variable they cannot control.

They can lock in the current rebates at the time the order is placed, or you can choose the incentives that are available at delivery.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have never heard of that before and not sure that it holds true now unless this is a special deal that RAM is running. When you factory order any vehicle, you always risk the incentives changing or disappearing. Been that way forever!

Snakes709

Reaction score
I’m in Canada so its a 124L tank for us and I have it with my lvl 2 package. They had to out source the truck from somewhere in my province to get all the options i wanted and didnt want.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer locked in the rebate on my order. Got it in writing. They wouldn’t lock in other incentives though, like financing, conquest, usaa ...

If the rebate increases (same rebate code) you will get the higher amount at delivery. If more rebates (different rebate code) is available at delivery you will get those too.

heydre

Reaction score
I have a 33 gallon take with the level 2 package. So yes.
I've noticed that dealerships have that combo BUT when you use the website it won't let you so I assume that means the dealer ordered it for you or you bought it off the lot?

heydre

Reaction score
  • 1. Is it possible to order the 33gal tank WITH the lvl2 pkg (it drops when you add L2 pkg)?
  • 2. At RamTrucks.com, is the "net price" what becomes the sticker price after you add destination charge to it?
  • 3. My dealer claims to guarantee my rebates on that day of ordering...any tricks/catches I need to look out for when ordering other than negotiating a good price (shooting for min 20% off sticker)?
  • 4. Are there noticeable diffs in handling/MPG between widths on 20" rims (x9, x10, x12)?

Sorry for adding (#2) and tweaking questions but I do appreciate ALL of your posts (y)

heydre

Reaction score
Dealer locked in the rebate on my order. Got it in writing. They wouldn’t lock in other incentives though, like financing, conquest, usaa ...

If the rebate increases (same rebate code) you will get the higher amount at delivery. If more rebates (different rebate code) is available at delivery you will get those too.
Sounds like the answer is somewhere in between....meaning at dealer discretion (in writing hopefully) but without certain incentives (mine would be USAA). Got it...

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I suspect that if a dealer is willing to lock in the manufacturer incentives then it simply means their dealer discount is low enough for them to guarantee the current manufacturer incentives. Id rather have a high dealer discount and gamble that the manufacturer incentives will be as good at time of delivery. I had a high dealer discount of $8,300 but dealer was adamant about not able to lock in manufacturer incentives at time of order.

rhill

Reaction score
They can lock in the current rebates at the time the order is placed, or you can choose the incentives that are available at delivery.
That has always been ths case for decades with me ordering trucks. You can take the rebates that were in place at the time of ordering, or the ones applicable when delivered. You get whichever is higher. I ordered a 07 Avalanche once and got the dealer to accept $3000 less than they wanted. However, he said he would do that only if he could keep the difference if the rebates went up. I agreed, and rebates jumped $2000 by the time it came in. Only 6 weeks from order to delivery. Still felt ok since he was the cheapest price I could get at the time. Dealers have no clue what rebates will be till they come out.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
33 gallon was a “must have” for me when ordering but then I found a lot truck with the 26. I dont tow and live on the east coast so dont have the big out west distances... the 26 is enough, I have a mid 500’s range and thats longer than my butt or kidneys can go. I could carry a 5 gallon can in the back if I wanted to extend range but its not worth it.

heydre

Reaction score
Weird there is NO way to configure a 33gal equipped truck with L2 equip pkg (only L1) on a Big Horn. Although I've seen Big Horns on the lot advertised with it that had L2 or customer preferred pkgs...do I have to get a dealer rep to slip it into the build or what?

Users who are viewing this thread