5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally Some Engine mods are done!

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Wanting to get the Vararam, but can't justify the cost right now. Too many other expenses on my plate right now.

Is it just me or does it seem like leaving the plastic uncut prevents the hood from sealing properly to the rubber seal on the Vararam and could cause excessive wear on the seal if not trimmed?

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Wanting to get the Vararam, but can't justify the cost right now. Too many other expenses on my plate right now.

Is it just me or does it seem like leaving the plastic uncut prevents the hood from sealing properly to the rubber seal on the Vararam and could cause excessive wear on the seal if not trimmed?
I feel you on the money part! Especially with my truck payment lol.
I can see an indent on the hood liner when I open the up so I assume it’s sealing up decent

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I feel you on the money part! Especially with my truck payment lol.
I can see an indent on the hood liner when I open the up so I assume it’s sealing up decent

Good to know it in probably not necessary to trim the plastic when/if I do this mod. I may just go with a performance dropin filter and charcoal filter delete...I never have my hood open to show off the vararam anyway. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread