5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally out of the ‘Hurry up n wait’ club….

blankcanvas

Reaction score
And made it into the F’n Finally club lol She’s finally in the drive way! Can’t figure out how to work all this 12” fancy tech despite the walkthrough with the dealer lol but first things first these itty bitty tires need to go just can’t decide if I can handle holding off until I have the lift on gah

Attachments

• C74642D4-3533-4896-BFBA-061FD0D5EF45.jpeg
    C74642D4-3533-4896-BFBA-061FD0D5EF45.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 103

R.Duff

Reaction score
Nice colour / Truck , got the same one. First thing I did was get rid of the pavement princess wheels and tires made it much better riding

bud007

Reaction score
Nice blankcanvas , yea i took a couple of nights to sit in the truck and go over all of the info on the 12" .. its funny if i had ordered a truck like i was planning , i would have never ordered it with the 12 " screen ... so glad my truck came with it as it is awesome. (y)

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Nice colour / Truck , got the same one. First thing I did was get rid of the pavement princess wheels and tires made it much better riding
Guess ya got good taste lol
Ugh pavement princess would be an improvement…. They look like they were stolen off a freakin Prius I can’t handle looking at them for a month while I wait for my lift to come in love the truck, Love the wheels, HATE the tires (now I see why folks on here were talking about ordering black lug nuts thou haha)

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Nice blankcanvas , yea i took a couple of nights to sit in the truck and go over all of the info on the 12" .. its funny if i had ordered a truck like i was planning , i would have never ordered it with the 12 " screen ... so glad my truck came with it as it is awesome. (y)
It’s gonna take me more than a few nights lol I hope I learn to love it right now I just find it slightly intimidating haha the poor dealer had to just take my phone and do the initial set up cause I fudged it up… I belong in the shop with power tools I just liked the look of the 12 and all the buttons! Teehee I’m blonde it’s in my genetic coding 🤷‍♀️

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice! "Officially" welcome to the GCM Club! Depending on the height of your lift, many members have installed some decent sized tires on their stock suspension. With those dinky tires, I wouldn't do the lift first LOL

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Nice! "Officially" welcome to the GCM Club! Depending on the height of your lift, many members have installed some decent sized tires on their stock suspension. With those dinky tires, I wouldn't do the lift first LOL
From what I’ve been reading 33 is about as big as one can go without any friction so figured out the 35’s on same day as the lift haha

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! After seeing those tiny tires, I'm glad my dealer didn't send me any pics before the lift and wheels/tires were installed. 😉

I made a collage for you to help you realize your trucks potential. 🤣
20210730_123758.jpg

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! After seeing those tiny tires, I'm glad my dealer didn't send me any pics before the lift and wheels/tires were installed. 😉

I made a collage for you to help you realize your trucks potential. 🤣
View attachment 101419
Brutal!! You just broke my lil heart 🤤 gah she looks dang fine with those new shoes… I didn’t know ordering with a lift and tire upgrade before delivery was an option until I picked her up but I think I’d prefer to do it myself anyhow
What were they thinking on the tires!?! I’m guessing whoever made the white interior option picked the tires too… I don’t have a p*nis these stock tires do nothing to compensate for that 😩

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Brutal!! You just broke my lil heart 🤤 gah she looks dang fine with those new shoes… I didn’t know ordering with a lift and tire upgrade before delivery was an option until I picked her up but I think I’d prefer to do it myself anyhow
What were they thinking on the tires!?! I’m guessing whoever made the white interior option picked the tires too… I don’t have a p*nis these stock tires do nothing to compensate for that 😩
I didn't have much choice. If I drove off the lot with the stock wheels and tires, the dealer wasn't going to buy them from me. He wanted them new so he could dress up a Big Horn he has on the lot. They gave me $1300 for the wheels/tires, then subtracted the lift install and gave me the difference toward the purchase. Way better than the hassle of Craigslist/Marketplace.

The local 4x4 shop wanted $550-600 + whatever an alignment costs. I paid $387 for everything installed.

Yeah, those tires are so wrong for a 4x4. I considered keeping the stock wheels and putting 33's on them but I don't like the offset and 22's with aggressive tires look weird to me.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I didn't have much choice. If I drove off the lot with the stock wheels and tires, the dealer wasn't going to buy them from me. He wanted them new so he could dress up a Big Horn he has on the lot. They gave me $1300 for the wheels/tires, then subtracted the lift install and gave me the difference toward the purchase. Way better than the hassle of Craigslist/Marketplace.

The local 4x4 shop wanted $550-600 + whatever an alignment costs. I paid $387 for everything installed.

Yeah, those tires are so wrong for a 4x4. I considered keeping the stock wheels and putting 33's on them but I don't like the offset and 22's with aggressive tires look weird to me.
Well d*mn thought I was good at making deals never thought to try and work that one in, wouldn’t trust those guys to put the lift on thou

just moved back to Colorado if there’s a snow storm I’m f’d…. Don’t mind me I’m just rehearsing my line to try and get the dealer to swap after the fact 😂 gotta work on my helpless girl act perhaps… lmao I luckily got the ‘winning personality’ discount at the performance shop out here so not getting as good of a deal as you but decent discount on the tires and donating the stock ones to a local charity out here cause tire shopping is freaking humbling

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Well d*mn thought I was good at making deals never thought to try and work that one in, wouldn’t trust those guys to put the lift on thou

just moved back to Colorado if there’s a snow storm I’m f’d…. Don’t mind me I’m just rehearsing my line to try and get the dealer to swap after the fact 😂 gotta work on my helpless girl act perhaps… lmao I luckily got the ‘winning personality’ discount at the performance shop out here so not getting as good of a deal as you but decent discount on the tires and donating the stock ones to a local charity out here cause tire shopping is freaking humbling
I was concerned about them installing the lift but they did a pretty decent job...except for one little detail. They forgot to grease the ball joints. It's a good thing I double checked their work.

Wheels and tires were in short supply 2 months ago. Hopefully it's better for you now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online