5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally how I want it, lift, lights, air bags!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After 9 months and nearly 15,000 miles of trouble free ownership I finally have the truck set up how I want it. If you search my previous threads pertaining to lifts and cab lights it will provide more detail. Basically started with a 3 1/2” RC lift which was 3 1/2” front with a 1” rear block. I personally like “rake” to the truck, this was too much level for me. Then I purchased 2 1/2” rear top of coil blocks (which were actually 2”) which helped. Then tried in coil airbags which did not work, drilled holes in the lift blocks to run air lines and tried different methods but would not work, pinched the airlines. Finally found some bottom of coil 3” lift blocks which I could not find previously. I then installed those blocks which would then work with the air bags ( air bags that are installed in the rear coil springs to help with towing and payload, my truck is NOT factory air suspension equipped, it is coil spring) and now I have a 3 1/2” front and 3” rear lift (which gives me the rake back) with in coil airbags. Also purchased the solar powered no drill cab lights ( from Cab Over America, LLC) mentioned in a previous thread and here we go. Absolutely PERFECT for my personal taste. I love a half ton pickup that looks like a 3/4 ton!;) View attachment 23541 08882FFB-1BB0-44C5-8618-6652E5357DF3.jpeg A8C5B9BD-DB54-4347-8A06-7F2488296555.jpeg 32E15C6C-F903-4399-B932-A3DD88F26466.jpeg E11A706D-E00C-468A-9BC7-BE7E58872809.jpeg

Last edited:

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Magnificent! The more forward visibility you have the better imo. The cab lights I like when driving back roads through rolling hills; lights on top of the cab peak over the hill first and are a good attention grabber for anyone who might be puling out onto the road.

Btw I like rakes too. Most leveled trucks look "broken" to me.

j517

Reaction score
Question u found spacers that are compatible with the air suspension or air ride. Brand cost. I want to get bigger tires and maybe rims but done want to start cutting up

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After 9 months and nearly 15,000 miles of trouble free ownership I finally have the truck set up how I want it. If you search my previous threads pertaining to lifts and cab lights it will provide more detail. Basically started with a 3 1/2” RC lift which was 3 1/2” front with a 1” rear block. I personally like “rake” to the truck, this was too much level for me. Then I purchased a 2 1/2” rear top of coil blocks (which were actually 2”) which helped. Then tried in coil airbags which did not work, drilled holes in the lift blocks to run air lines and tried different methods but would not work, pinched the airlines. Finally found some bottom of coil 3” lift blocks which I could not find previously. I then installed those blocks which would then work with the air bags and now I have a 3 1/2” front and 3” rear lift (which gives me the rake back) with in coil airbags. Also purchased the solar powered no drill cab lights mentioned in a previous thread and here we go. Absolutely PERFECT for my personal taste. I love a half ton pickup that looks like a 3/4 ton!;) View attachment 23541 View attachment 23555 View attachment 23556 View attachment 23560 View attachment 23559
Looks great man!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a good looking truck. What brand cab over lights did you go with?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question u found spacers that are compatible with the air suspension or air ride. Brand cost. I want to get bigger tires and maybe rims but done want to start cutting up

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Compatible with the in coil air bags, not the air ride suspension. My truck is coil suspension.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a good looking truck. What brand cab over lights did you go with?
They are from Cab Over America, LLC. They are solar powered attached with 3m tape, no drilling. I have a pano and was going to try standard lights which required drilling holes and screwing them down but not a good idea. There are multiple layers of steel in the roof and the screws or light would break with the natural flex of the cab, installer said he has seen that happen before.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. How do the solar powered cab lights work? Can you turn them off and do they stay lit for a while?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. How do the solar powered cab lights work? Can you turn them off and do they stay lit for a while?
According to the brochure they have approximately 14 hours worth of light when fully charged. They turn on and off via a small remote fob I keep with my regular key fob so unfortunately I have to manually turn them on, they are not connected to the truck in any way as far as turning on and off go. They also have 3 modes in which they recycle through each time you turn them on which is kind of a pain. They are dim, bright, and strobe. For example, if you turn them on and they are dim when you turn them off and then on again they will come on bright, when you turn that off and then on again they will be strobe. I wish they would program just to come on the same each time.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After 9 months and nearly 15,000 miles of trouble free ownership I finally have the truck set up how I want it. If you search my previous threads pertaining to lifts and cab lights it will provide more detail. Basically started with a 3 1/2” RC lift which was 3 1/2” front with a 1” rear block. I personally like “rake” to the truck, this was too much level for me. Then I purchased a 2 1/2” rear top of coil blocks (which were actually 2”) which helped. Then tried in coil airbags which did not work, drilled holes in the lift blocks to run air lines and tried different methods but would not work, pinched the airlines. Finally found some bottom of coil 3” lift blocks which I could not find previously. I then installed those blocks which would then work with the air bags ( air bags that are installed in the rear coil springs to help with towing and payload, my truck is NOT factory air suspension equipped, it is coil spring) and now I have a 3 1/2” front and 3” rear lift (which gives me the rake back) with in coil airbags. Also purchased the solar powered no drill cab lights ( from Cab Over America, LLC) mentioned in a previous thread and here we go. Absolutely PERFECT for my personal taste. I love a half ton pickup that looks like a 3/4 ton!;) View attachment 23541 View attachment 23555 View attachment 23556 View attachment 23560 View attachment 23559

I really like the look, and can you send me some more info about the amber lights? Can you see them well during the day?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the look, and can you send me some more info about the amber lights? Can you see them well during the day?
Yes you can see them well during the day, check out the thread “Cab lights, tried, failed, can not be done” to see all the information and comments/questions and specs on these lights from myself and other members as well regarding the cab lights, the amber lights on the front are just cheap marker/trailer lights I found at the local Auto Zone! Thought they would look good so I went for it.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
After 9 months and nearly 15,000 miles of trouble free ownership I finally have the truck set up how I want it. If you search my previous threads pertaining to lifts and cab lights it will provide more detail. Basically started with a 3 1/2” RC lift which was 3 1/2” front with a 1” rear block. I personally like “rake” to the truck, this was too much level for me. Then I purchased 2 1/2” rear top of coil blocks (which were actually 2”) which helped. Then tried in coil airbags which did not work, drilled holes in the lift blocks to run air lines and tried different methods but would not work, pinched the airlines. Finally found some bottom of coil 3” lift blocks which I could not find previously. I then installed those blocks which would then work with the air bags ( air bags that are installed in the rear coil springs to help with towing and payload, my truck is NOT factory air suspension equipped, it is coil spring) and now I have a 3 1/2” front and 3” rear lift (which gives me the rake back) with in coil airbags. Also purchased the solar powered no drill cab lights ( from Cab Over America, LLC) mentioned in a previous thread and here we go. Absolutely PERFECT for my personal taste. I love a half ton pickup that looks like a 3/4 ton!;) View attachment 23541 View attachment 23555 View attachment 23556 View attachment 23560 View attachment 23559
Those cab light look good! $400 bucks tho

AtmozFear

Reaction score
Where did you get the 3" bottom coil lift block? I'd be interested in that since i'll be doing a similar set-up. I currently run the in-coil airbag set up on my 4th gen, but going to uninstall it and transfer it over to my 5th gen before selling the 4th gen. So it'll be nice having the ability to use that lift block and retain the airlift.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those cab light look good! $400 bucks tho
Yes they are expensive, after having them awhile now I will give my two cents:They do look really good imo but they are a pita. I hate having to cycle through the different functions just to get the one I want each time. I wish you could set them on one setting and have them come on that setting each time. Also, with the smoke lenses, it does take some time to fully charge them, and with all the cloudy, rainy days we have had lately they do not charge well and do not last very long when on. If they are low on charge and only a couple of them come on when you want you have to be sure to cycle them back through to match the ones that are dead if not then when they are all charged again they will not come on in the same setting and you will have to remove the ones out of sync and re-sync them together. It is stated that the clear or amber lenses will charge faster than the smoke ones I have which makes sense. If to do over again and you just really had to have cab lights, I would see if there was a way to get regular cab lights to hold down with 3m tape then drill just one hole per light for the wire and do it that way. This way there are no screws to break or to get through the multiple layers of metal due to the pano and just have a hole for the wire which wouldn’t matter as long as it was sealed well and didn’t leak. I don’t know, maybe it would work, maybe not. Someone try it and let me know! For the money overall I do not recommend this solar charged lights, too much of a pita and not very convenient.

Last edited:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you get the 3" bottom coil lift block? I'd be interested in that since i'll be doing a similar set-up. I currently run the in-coil airbag set up on my 4th gen, but going to uninstall it and transfer it over to my 5th gen before selling the 4th gen. So it'll be nice having the ability to use that lift block and retain the airlift.
Here it is 10602957-950C-4864-A685-CD0A0CBD2F63.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/