5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally going in for service

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Well, going to drop my truck off on Tuesday for the air conditioning TSB, and the brake moan TSB that's out there. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get the old gal back...

Is there any other TSB that I should be looking into as well? The a/c is pretty bad but just checking to get anything done before my 3/36 is over in July

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, going to drop my truck off on Tuesday for the air conditioning TSB, and the brake moan TSB that's out there. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get the old gal back...

Is there any other TSB that I should be looking into as well? The a/c is pretty bad but just checking to get anything done before my 3/36 is over in July

What is the TSB for the brake moan?

Maybe look into the fuel filler TSB if yours cuts off at the pump unless holding the handle.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll look into that. Earlier models (mines a 19) sometimes has a moaning while reversing in the morning or first drive if the day. It sounds awful. Ram has a bracket that can be installed to help prevent that I guess

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll look into that. Earlier models (mines a 19) sometimes has a moaning while reversing in the morning or first drive if the day. It sounds awful. Ram has a bracket that can be installed to help prevent that I guess

Do you have the tsb number for the brakes? Common problem.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I googled it, TSB 05-002-19

It's a pdf do I couldn't link it but if you Google it you should find it. I just googled "ram tsb brake moan" and it popped right up

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There were only a few TSB's for the 2019. :D The rear brake moan TSB is

TSB #05-004-20

You can see them all here:
Thanks. Looks like just installed a bracket. Does it work? Would seem to be a pads issue.

Not sure I want that installed with the bolt head shape (don't have tools to loosen them if I wanted to do a brake job).

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the air conditioning tsb? I tried searching here but couldn't find it. Found one but it was for a 3500, not sure if its the same

I think I ground it. Tsb 24-001-20

Last edited:

Moosefire66

Reaction score
@RamCares

My truck is at the dealership now and they're having trouble duplicating the slow cooling in my truck. It's only 71 today, one of the coolest days we've had in the last 2 or 3 weeks. In the tsb 24-001-20 it states if slow cooling is stated by the customer to perform the tsb. However the dealership states they have to recreate the complaint before they can perform the tsb. That seems normal, however it is also extremely biased. Slow to cool to me might not be slow to cool for the technician, especially if he or she isn't interested in pulling apart my dash to fix the problem...

So if they find that they cannot recreate the problem, do I have any course of action to take to get my ac running like it's supposed to?

Reactions: Av1

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wait for a hot humid day and give them one more chance to perform the cool down. If that fails for whatever d-bag reason they pull out of a hat, install a heater core shut off valve. Arguing with the service department does nothing other than raise the blood pressure. The problem is so prevalent that a kit is sold on Amazon.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Wait for a hot humid day and give them one more chance to perform the cool down. If that fails for whatever d-bag reason they pull out of a hat, install a heater core shut off valve. Arguing with the service department does nothing other than raise the blood pressure. The problem is so prevalent that a kit is sold on Amazon.

Thanks for the link! The service manager called me to tell me that my truck not only met the minimum requirements set forth by ram, but it exceeded them. He said the air temp coming out was 46 degrees, which I haven't verified.

I do recall my old man putting in some r134a in all of our vehicles growing up until the air temp was roughly 32 degrees. He's a big guy so he didn't want to wait around to cool himself down! Too bad it still doesn't take the good stuff.

The manager is keeping it for 1 more day, as tomorrow it's supposed to be 91. Going to check it all again, and if he can't fix it, then I'm going to order that kit for sure.

I recall seeing someone post something about changing a specific part in the system which will allow us to run r134a again. Can't find that thread again though. Anyone have any idea about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online