5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally found one!

Chief holley

Reaction score
So I have been obsessing over the 5th gen first day I test drove it. It was a fierce battle between a S550 or the truck. Of course, I chose the truck. The Tesla became impractical for me (size, charging inconvenience, weird repairs) and I almost kept it and I was going to take such a loss on it. The only place that wouldn’t give me such a bad deal was a BMW dealership( I bought it used). All and all, I am excited to be back with a Ram, so much has changed since my 2006 and I thought it was amazing that you can now compare a truck with a luxury car. Let the modding begin! I like the sport truck look, it will not see off-roading, I am a suburban cowboy, only wrangling I do is with kids and a wife!

Attachments

• E996C719-1598-4AC6-923E-5033A291BDC7.jpeg
    E996C719-1598-4AC6-923E-5033A291BDC7.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 70
  • EEA380D3-2DCE-4524-A5D0-440B0BA8BB4C.jpeg
    EEA380D3-2DCE-4524-A5D0-440B0BA8BB4C.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 71

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have been obsessing over the 5th gen first day I test drove it. It was a fierce battle between a S550 or the truck. Of course, I chose the truck. The Tesla became impractical for me (size, charging inconvenience, weird repairs) and I almost kept it and I was going to take such a loss on it. The only place that wouldn’t give me such a bad deal was a BMW dealership( I bought it used). All and all, I am excited to be back with a Ram, so much has changed since my 2006 and I thought it was amazing that you can now compare a truck with a luxury car. Let the modding begin! I like the sport truck look, it will not see off-roading, I am a suburban cowboy, only wrangling I do is with kids and a wife!
Welcome to the forums!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So OP, what all are some of your plans for this truck ? :)

Chief holley

Reaction score

I plan on painting the chrome bumpers to match body color, still debating if I'm going to debadge the whole truck of the badges that can be removed, lower it with either 2/4 or 3/5, put some different wheels on it preferably black, look for a SRT-10 like hood, tonneau cover, and wrap some of the pieces in the cab to be carbon fiber. I know a lot may ask " why didn't I get a Sport appearance truck?" Well unfortunately, one was offered as a deal for me and the dealerships closest to me were really trying to low ball me for my trade, I got rid of a 2013 Tesla Model S. Nothing was wrong with the car, I just wanted something different.

Chief holley

Reaction score
Wow Por boy, reading your vehicle description, you definitely seem like the person to talk to! I see that you changed your front grille to black, I want to do that and I have a question. Does the grille replacement actually replaces the chrome deflector as well, is it fixed to the body of the truck or is that something you have to take care of yourself? So you mind sharing some pictures of your front end please?

Chief holley

Reaction score

How are also liking your mopar catback? I have heard some "meh" clips and some clips where it sounds too loud. I think the factory is too quiet, I don't get on it because I don't like the way it sounds and just taking it easy. I am trying to pace myself on modding so I won't get bored and trade it in too fast.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I love the Mopar catback and if I had to do it again, I gladly would. For the cost I definitely don’t suggest this for everyone.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Chief holley

Reaction score
That is some amazing information! I didn’t buy it brand new unfortunately, not sure if that would apply to me

Users who are viewing this thread