5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally about to purchase...looking for opinions before I pull the trigger.

tyresmoker

Reaction score
From what I've been reading the combo of MFT & Ramboxes isn't an issue for tonneau covers. It's the ones with just the MFT and not the ramboxes. I loved Retrax and had one on both my 2009 1500 Laramie and 2014 1500 Longhorn with the rambox (5'7" box on the 2009 and 6'4" box on the 2014).
The MFT is one of the top features on the truck as far as I am concerned. I use it all the time. Whenever I am in a parking lot, there is always someone wanting to see it...and they usually walk away pretty impressed! Don't know what is up with the bed covers? I have the factory soft one and it is fine with the MFT.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes ORG raises it an inch. Call me crazy but I test drove a Laramie ORG without running boards and it’s stance seemed taller. But then again it’s suppose to be due to the shocks.

My question always is - the shocks with ORP handle bumps in the road better - but the trucks without air/ORG ride smoother...so which do you prefer - stiffer but more HD shock or smoother ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you get both (AS + ORP), you have the best of everything, i.e. smooth but firm ride with control, taller stance, better OEM tires, and more.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
If you get both (AS + ORP), you have the best of everything, i.e. smooth but firm ride with control, taller stance, better OEM tires, and more.

Very good point. AS is hard to find in Hydro Blue (well Hydro Blue is hard to find now anyway) plus I worry a little about the cost of repair on AS.

Looking at a truck that’s MSRP is $59,130 (no 33 gal/no air but with ORG) has all other options I want and my number 1 color choice (Hydro Blue).

Right now - it’s $49,490 (not including tax, tags, trade in etc) but it’s 2.5 hours away. Trying to decide what % off I’m shooting for or just wait until June to see if incentives change...

Boston

Reaction score
ae213119bcdd6e400922265a1c675870.jpg

Am I missing anything for a factory order??

BLIS? Parking sensors?

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I know this is kinda off-topic, but what does the acronym BLIS actually stand for? I know it is for blind spot monitoring, but can't find anything that spells it out. Hopefully it isn't BLInd Spot, because that would be a silly way to do an acronym.

Users who are viewing this thread