5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally 12.1 radio upgrade is here!!!

WheelerNation

Reaction score
Just purchased the 12.1 Uconnect screen from infotainment.com today. Full plug and play install but it’s crazy expensive. Will run you about 4,000 bucks. Wifey paid for it as a birthday gift. Will upload pics when I receive it and install it. They have a video showing the upgrade as well and it looks pretty straight forward. Also heard they are working on the blind spot upgrade and 360 camera.

Just wanted to update everyone. I received my radio Thursday. Looks great was busy so I didn't install it until the weekend. Everything was simple and plug and play as they stated. All buttons work all my settings are the same, steering wheel works, nav works, dual climate controls etc. The hardest part of the install was connecting and disconnecting the security bypass module. Other than that it was a breeze took about 30 minutes to complete the entire process. I didn't take too many pictures because they already have a very detailed video on their website detailing the install process. I did reach out to them to see if they have any updates on the other items but they are located in Florida and are closed due to Labor Day and Hurricane Dorian. Here is the link to the install video as well.

Attachments

• radio 1.jpg
    radio 1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 190
  • radio 4.jpg
    radio 4.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

shaveman

Reaction score
Got my popcorn ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If my wife spends that much for my birthday gift, you can best believe she has some type of vacation planned to offset that lol.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be aware that to get the 360 functionality you'll have to have the 360 camera system already equipped so if you are like me and have the tow mirrors, it will be a no go thinking it will be just a plug and play to get that feature. While the 4k price tag is high I can see guys jumping at this if the only thing you miss is the large screen. In most cases you'll probably take more of a loss on a trade with depreciation. :)

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered my 12" upgrade. I was planning to just upgrade to 8.4 NAV from the non-nav, but sprung for the big one. Not impressed with Carplay at all. I want my built in navigation in the truck. I have it in the Charger, and it so much more convenient and reliable. I hope the install is relatively painless.

Rebel Soul

Reaction score
Just purchased the 12.1 Uconnect screen from infotainment.com today. Full plug and play install but it’s crazy expensive. Will run you about 4,000 bucks. Wifey paid for it as a birthday gift. Will upload pics when I receive it and install it. They have a video showing the upgrade as well and it looks pretty straight forward. Also heard they are working on the blind spot upgrade and 360 camera.
Congratulations for the new radio.
I have 2 questions for the new radio:

1- What firmware version is installed on your new radio?
2- Can you see from the Uconnect app (or from mopar.com) vehicle health report ?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Ordered my 12" upgrade. I was planning to just upgrade to 8.4 NAV from the non-nav, but sprung for the big one. Not impressed with Carplay at all. I want my built in navigation in the truck. I have it in the Charger, and it so much more convenient and reliable. I hope the install is relatively painless.

Is this an equivalent to the OEM package? As in same operating system and NAV software?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with the $4K price tag, just want to know that it’s fully covered under warranty?

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with the $4K price tag, just want to know that it’s fully covered under warranty?
Good Q, but I would imagine it would come down to the fine print in each policy. If it is genuine MOPAR parts and components it would seem like after reading the genuine MOPAR policy it would be covered. I have had good success contacting MOPAR warranty to ask questions on coverage if you want to be extra sure.

Users who are viewing this thread