5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Just CANCELLED my order.

Royal

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealership 2 weeks after ordering. Ram have cancelled my order as they have decided they will not be making any more 2019s. Called FCA RAM, actually spoke to the guy whom I had called 3 weeks prior BEFORE placing the order (who said all ok) and he confirmed they will not be making any more. Will either have to take something off a lot that isn’t specced to my taste or wait until end of September to place a 2020 order; who knows what the incentives will be then ?! F’nCAnts.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be able to order a 2020 truck long before September, they'll be hitting the lots before that. If they're stopping 2019 production soon (hence why they cancelled the order) you should be able to order a 2020 either now or very soon. And just like your 2019 order, you'll have the option of using the incentives locked in at the time of order, or the ones available at the time of delivery. I know it's probably a bit of a pain, but it doesn't seem like that drastic of a situation... Maybe I'm missing something.

Just re-do the order with your dealership, or find one on a lot somewhere and make them bring it in.

Anything specific you had to order for instead of doing a lot search?

Welcome to the forums

cipherbreak

Reaction score
My dealer also said new orders are expected to open in September. I went with a 2019 though because the incentives for June were outstanding.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You're right, the incentives won’t likely be this good till, maybe June 2020. :( In that case, welcome to my world of 8-11% off instead of 25-30%, lol... Sorry yours was cancelled.:cry:
The bright side is that a lot of the early trucks had new model issues which should be resolved on the 2020’s. Maybe even the dreaded ac issue will have been taken care of. Maybe the 707 hp hemi variant will become an option for you... maybe they will reintroduce 3.55 gearing... maybe the payload will jump to 2000 pounds on all trim levels...
We can always dream!

Helmetface

Reaction score
Holy smokes...I just ordered mine last Monday........ I'm seriously going to raise hell if it gets cancelled.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been waiting for that same call myself .. I placed my order nearly 4 weeks ago (well TRIED to place the order .. they wouldn't offer the eTorque with the Pano-Roof so I said go ahead with Std Hemi I'll just supercharge it later). My signature has the dates of the actual order.

FCA gave me my "VIN" last Friday and my "D" date this Monday. FCA had replied to an email I sent out this week and they said it would start being built next week (July 4th week) as they had all the parts ready.

So it appears my updated order went thru 2 days after yours for the non-eTorque.
Maybe I'll get that same call next week.

Thank you for that post, @Royal

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Sounds like DBack will get his, just barely. Right now I’d just 1 - look for the last great deal and/or 2 - wait to order a 20’ if you can’t find anything tomorrow. You literally have 1 day left!

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealership 2 weeks after ordering. Ram have cancelled my order as they have decided they will not be making any more 2019s. Called FCA RAM, actually spoke to the guy whom I had called 3 weeks prior BEFORE placing the order (who said all ok) and he confirmed they will not be making any more. Will either have to take something off a lot that isn’t specced to my taste or wait until end of September to place a 2020 order; who knows what the incentives will be then ?! F’nCAnts.

What is it that you want in your truck that you can’t find on the lot? I can’t imagine that there’s too many combos that are not on the dealer lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helmetface

Reaction score
What is it that you want in your truck that you can’t find on the lot? I can’t imagine that there’s too many combos that are not on the dealer lot.

I personally could not find exactly what I wanted. I'm not the type of person to shell out $40-50k without getting exactly what I want. 'Merica!

Overall:
5.7 (non eTQ)
Crew, 6'4"
8.4" display
North Edition
LED all around
Pano

Really hoping my order doesn't get canceled. Going to track down my salesman later today and harass him till he breaks.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
not sure why someone would order with the crazy deals going on now
I think an order still locks in the incentives at the time, however thats all a moot point now. Look at the latest “prices paid” page and you’ll see some really great savings, kills me to read them but I’m glad for everybody else!

Royal

Reaction score
You should be able to order a 2020 truck long before September, they'll be hitting the lots before that. If they're stopping 2019 production soon (hence why they cancelled the order) you should be able to order a 2020 either now or very soon. And just like your 2019 order, you'll have the option of using the incentives locked in at the time of order, or the ones available at the time of delivery. I know it's probably a bit of a pain, but it doesn't seem like that drastic of a situation... Maybe I'm missing something.

Just re-do the order with your dealership, or find one on a lot somewhere and make them bring it in.

Welcome to the forums

Both the Dealership and Ram have stated that Sole Order Protection (honouring the deal) is only available for the same model year.

Royal

Reaction score
I've been waiting for that same call myself .. I placed my order nearly 4 weeks ago (well TRIED to place the order .. they wouldn't offer the eTorque with the Pano-Roof so I said go ahead with Std Hemi I'll just supercharge it later). My signature has the dates of the actual order.

FCA gave me my "VIN" last Friday and my "D" date this Monday. FCA had replied to an email I sent out this week and they said it would start being built next week (July 4th week) as they had all the parts ready.

So it appears my updated order went thru 2 days after yours for the non-eTorque.
Maybe I'll get that same call next week.

Thank you for that post, @Royal

If you’ve got a VIN, you’re safe. Enjoy!

Royal

Reaction score

I’m in Canukistan.

Royal

Reaction score
Dealership are now offering to take a vehicle from Quebec if they can get their hands on it. It’s missing a couple of things but they are items that can be dealer fitted.

Only downside, this vehicle has been in their lot since 08/2018. I’m guessing it may need some recall love...

Royal

Reaction score

Welcome to the forums

Both FCA and Dealer told me no ordering of 2020 until September (unless you’re privy to info they aren’t ?).

I didn’t state it was a drastic situation, however the discount I achieved will not be possible until the same time next year, as someone already pointed out.

I’m fully aware this is a 1st World problem (well, 2nd World, I live in Canada) but posted my experience as a notification to other members and warning to those who may have ordered in the last few weeks.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I personally could not find exactly what I wanted. I'm not the type of person to shell out $40-50k without getting exactly what I want. 'Merica!

Overall:
5.7 (non eTQ)
Crew, 6'4"
8.4" display
North Edition
LED all around
Pano

Really hoping my order doesn't get canceled. Going to track down my salesman later today and harass him till he breaks.

That’s cool, I have yet to see a crew with the 6.4 bed at any of my local dealers, I bet that’s hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread