5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Just CANCELLED my order.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is it that you want in your truck that you can’t find on the lot? I can’t imagine that there’s too many combos that are not on the dealer lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try to find a two-wheel drive in any trim above Tradesman. I know someone looking for one.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels, now at 016978 miles

Helmetface

Reaction score
Winner winner, chicken dinner!

So, I know some people have had a less than spectacular experience with their local dealer, but so far, I'm impressed to say the least.

I emailed my salesman around noon today, regarding the FCA cancellations. The rep's office mate replied with a Video Email about two hours later. Which at first I thought was a bit weird, but he answered all my questions and then some! According to him, there are no known cancellations on his end, furthermore, he is emailing his regional rep to confirm. After detailing this, he added that my truck is in the "D1" phase and has just been issued a VIN.

So it sounds like I'm good to go!

Oh, and a side note: according to my salesman, prices are not "locked in" at the time of ordering. The sale price is determined upon delivery, whether it be lease or financing.

DeanKing

Reaction score

So, I know some people have had a less than spectacular experience with their local dealer, but so far, I'm impressed to say the least.

I emailed my salesman around noon today, regarding the FCA cancellations. The rep's office mate replied with a Video Email about two hours later. Which at first I thought was a bit weird, but he answered all my questions and then some! According to him, there are no known cancellations on his end, furthermore, he is emailing his regional rep to confirm. After detailing this, he added that my truck is in the "D1" phase and has just been issued a VIN.

Oh, and a side note: according to my salesman, prices are not "locked in" at the time of ordering. The sale price is determined upon delivery, whether it be lease or financing.
There is a bit of a misunderstanding between you and the dealer. Prices are locked in at the time of order with current incentives UNLESS the incentives get better at time of delivery. So technically there is a scenario where it is not locked. That is assuming you got some type of paperwork with prices when you ordered. I have ordered no less than 10 vehicles from different manufactures including a Ram and a Jeep. Always had a contract down to the penny. The incentives were usually worse at time of delivery and I always paid the contract price with order time incentives. Also option prices can change. My Ram rims went down $1000 after I ordered but I had to pay the order price.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I was going to respond to the OP. It didn't make sense to me that they couldn't build a 2019 from now until September. the line is still running.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels, now at 016978 miles

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is a bit of a misunderstanding between you and the dealer. Prices are locked in at the time of order with current incentives UNLESS the incentives get better at time of delivery. So technically there is a scenario where it is not locked. That is assuming you got some type of paperwork with prices when you ordered. I have ordered no less than 10 vehicles from different manufactures including a Ram and a Jeep. Always had a contract down to the penny. The incentives were usually worse at time of delivery and I always paid the contract price with order time incentives. Also option prices can change. My Ram rims went down $1000 after I ordered but I had to pay the order price.
I’ll just add that “sold order protection” is not necessarily typical or guaranteed, especially when it comes to incentives. For example, my dealer honored the price that we had agreed on at the time of order (on the POC we had both signed), but I was unable to obtain one of the incentives from the time of order placement, as it had expired prior to me taking delivery.

Royal

Reaction score
I was going to respond to the OP. It didn't make sense to me that they couldn't build a 2019 from now until September. the line is still running.

Best regards,
Dusty

Absolutely, you’re both right. I lied about phoning RAM because I have that much time for ****s and giggles. FFS...

Users who are viewing this thread