5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA is a little weird

Kramersp

Reaction score
So FCA will put the 6.4L in the Durango, and the Superchatged 6.2L in the JGC but leave Ram 1500's with just a 5.7L and 3.6L V6 option. So the soccer moms get a rocket and here we are with the same ol same ol. Weird huh.

sgk

Reaction score
Well you should know, Moms are always late so they need the rockets. And you're past the bloom of youth and have no need to go 0-60 in 4s. Plus those rockets make them feel young and when they feel young they make you feel young. That being said I also want a 4s Ram truck.

and if it comes out i want it in my parking spot a week before yours again.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I'll be content as long as the Rebel TRX happens in 2022...if there isnt a supercharged 6.2 in that bad boy we got problems....or at least a 6.4 NA

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@John813 I have a couple thoughts on this in a few threads. With the Rumble Bee Concept and the few 4th Gens offered in a slight street truck package, I feel you will see this in the not so distant future.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I would agree Ram should have gotten some SRT love a few years ago. Really though, the Durango came "for free" development wise since it is on the same chassis as the Jeep GC. And adding a new engine onto a platform takes some time. 4th gen ram was nearing the end of its run, so effort probably not worth it. Now that we have the 5th gen, I'm hoping they planned for at least the truck duty 6.4 but if Ram gets a new I6 turbo, TR 426, and TRX 6.2 supercharged there's not too much to complain about.

Decision not to put anything over 5.7 in the 4th gen could have had something to do with manufacturing/supplier capacity as well. They had a lot of SRT 6.4s to supply and initially supercharger supplier couldn't keep up with hellcat demand. Also not sure duty cycle differences. Yes durango SRT can tow well into the 8000s but may not be satisfactory for Ram truck engineers. HD 6.4 has lower rating and differing components for a reason even though it uses same block i believe as the 6.2 supercharged.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I'm sure the engineers can pull something incredible with some work, out of a 6.4 or supercharged 6.2 for tow work. It's not like a 2019 5.7L Charger R/T is going to pull 12K.

Users who are viewing this thread