5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Tonneau Cover

BendPharmD

Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 1500 and want a tonneau cover. It has ram boxes and multifunction tailgaite EA9DF5C2-608E-4D31-B9AA-4C6667BB405A.jpeg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bak flip is you wanna a tri fold or Lomax is pretty cheap but doesn’t fold up to the back window like the Bak flip. Retrax if you want a retractable one.

Edit: Get a pair of Right on brackets since you have the multi tailgate

BendPharmD

Reaction score
Bak flip is you wanna a tri fold or Lomax is pretty cheap but doesn’t fold up to the back window like the Bak flip. Retrax if you want a retractable one.

good to know

BendPharmD

Reaction score
I’m debating between the backflip MX4 and Extang Xceed

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Retrax sucks on Ramboxes with MFT.
I have one and it leaks like all hell.
It even gets water down the middle inside of the cover so NOWHERE is safe\dry when it rains heavy.

I had an MX4 on a previous truck and it was great. Would rather have that now.

This is incorrect information. OP does not have brackets, and thus doesn't need or can even use the right on brackets.

nitmik

Reaction score
I have a Bak Flip MX 4. If something happened to it, I would buy the same exact one

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh thats right forgot there’s no brackets with rambox w/ multi tailgate. Don’t buy those OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Multiple threads about tonneau covers on the forum already. What is the "best" is very subjective depending on who you ask. I can't stand tri-fold tonneaus of any type, yet some love them. Some like the retractable ones that roll up into a can at front of bed that takes away bed space. I don't. Some want the most secure tonneau money can buy, others just want something that covers the bed as long as it's cheap and works.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's spendy, but I prefer my Diamondback for security, weather-proof, and lifetime warranty.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's spendy, but I prefer my Diamondback for security, weather-proof, and lifetime warranty.
Don't leave out climbing on top to clean off the snow or the 1600 lb load on top plus the tie downs or the racks you can add, plus interior compartments if you choose. Not all that of a hassle to take off, particularly if you have the center bracket marked on the rails. Parts are not that heavy as compared to taking off a Bak Flip Mx4 (not often necessary if you don't mind the window blocked) by yourself. Cost is a factor and what you plan on carrying and how often.

All have + and -, need to figure your use and $$$.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't leave out climbing on top to clean off the snow or the 1600 lb load on top plus the tie downs or the racks you can add, plus interior compartments if you choose. Not all that of a hassle to take off, particularly if you have the center bracket marked on the rails. Parts are not that heavy as compared to taking off a Bak Flip Mx4 (not often necessary if you don't mind the window blocked) by yourself. Cost is a factor and what you plan on carrying and how often.

All have + and -, need to figure your use and $$$.

Agreed. The extra load capacity on top is great, but I have a Limited, so my payload is less than the strength of my cover lol.

Users who are viewing this thread