5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken Rubitrek FTW!

E.Hands

Reaction score
Just installed Rubitreks in place of the factory Bridgestone Duelers at 50,000 miles. And boy what a difference! These things are smooth as butter, quiet and a better looking tire to boot! 275/60R20 I went with the 60 series aspect ratio because the 55 seemed too low in profile. That may have contributed to the improved ride. 20220222_141959.jpg 20220222_132401.jpg

Last edited:

Vilas15

Reaction score
Are those new? They have not been on my radar and look very similar to the hankook dynapro ATMs that I loved on my jeep. The wildpeak at3 was just a bit too aggressive since i only need the snow ability and dont off road. Was planning on going with firestone at2 but these look a lot better visually.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Are those new? They have not been on my radar and look very similar to the hankook dynapro ATMs that I loved on my jeep. The wildpeak at3 was just a bit too aggressive since i only need the snow ability and dont off road. Was planning on going with firestone at2 but these look a lot better visually.
They are great tires. Slightly less aggressive than the WildPeak AT3 but rated much better in handling, comfort and noise by Falken themselves! Check out their website.

E.Hands

Reaction score
About the same as Michelins but I believe the quality is on par as well. Aggressive look but with excellent highway characteristics.

Last edited:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are great tires. Slightly less aggressive than the WildPeak AT3 but rated much better in handling, comfort and noise by Falken themselves! Check out their website.
I absolutely love the WildPeak AT3 though. We have them on my wife's Jeep and I had them on mine too.
If these are even close to those, they're going to be great tires.

Vilas15

Reaction score
Looks like they came out in 2019ish but are only available from certain retailers.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the difference between these and the OEM ORP ATW3A's?

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not much really. The A/T3WA is basically the the AT Trail sold as an Original Equipment tire for the Ram 1500, and Mercedes G-Class.
Falken doesn't list any specs on the A/T3WA, but they do for the AT trail which is rated the same on all aspects as the Rubitrek. The key difference being that it has additional values given for comfort and fuel efficiency, which suggests they had to have those results to be used as an OEM part. Purely speculation though.
At the end of the day, they're pretty much the same tire with a different name as far as I can tell.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Check out the Falken website for their comprehensive comparison of the two tire types.

Attachments

• 20200306_163639.jpg
    20200306_163639.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20200109_133721.jpg
    20200109_133721.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200109_134050.jpg
    20200109_134050.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Falken QA

Reaction score
What is the difference between these and the OEM ORP ATW3A's?

Not much really. The A/T3WA is basically the the AT Trail sold as an Original Equipment tire for the Ram 1500, and Mercedes G-Class.
Falken doesn't list any specs on the A/T3WA, but they do for the AT trail which is rated the same on all aspects as the Rubitrek. The key difference being that it has additional values given for comfort and fuel efficiency, which suggests they had to have those results to be used as an OEM part. Purely speculation though.
At the end of the day, they're pretty much the same tire with a different name as far as I can tell.

The OEM AT3wA and the Rubitreks share similar tread design than that of the aftermarket/off-the-shelf AT3w. AT Trail should not be considered for full size trucks as they are geared towards crossovers, SUVs, or compact trucks, even though they look similar in tread design.

The OEM AT3wA has to meet certain criteria limits for noise, comfort, handling, MPG (among others) in order to be equipped on vehicles from the factory. As such, the tread design is revise to meet those thresholds. The Rubitreks has a more aggresive shoulder rib in comparison to the AT3wA. This can play a part in additional noise than the AT3wA but technically should be quieter than the regular AT3w (with the entire tread being considered). I do have to point out a key factor with considering the Rubitreks.

The Rubitreks are not sold by every vendor and as such, must be kept in mind prior to purchase. If you are local to your tire seller or this seller has multiple stores wherever you travel to, then the Rubitreks can your choice tire, breaking away from the Wildpeaks in the area. However, if you happen to live where they are not locally available and you need a replacement right away, it would be best to stick with the Wildpeak AT3w as those will be more accessible than the Rubitreks.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check out the Falken website for their comprehensive comparison of two tires types.
I'm not sure what those pics have to do with Falken tires, but that sub box is pretty nice. It looks like it covers the doors to the Ram bins. Was that a mistake?

BigD

Reaction score
I can't believe u got 50,000 miles out of your O.E.M. Bridgestone Duelers ! They really aren't bad. They've been good this winter in MN. I was hoping to get 40,000 miles out of them & then replace them.

E.Hands

Reaction score
I can't believe u got 50,000 miles out of your O.E.M. Bridgestone Duelers ! They really aren't bad. They've been good this winter in MN. I was hoping to get 40,000 miles out of them & then replace them.

I had to move them around a lot because for some reason I have yet to figure out, my truck EATS up the outside of the right front tire. If it wasn't for that would still be running them because the rest of tread wasn't at the wear indicators yet.
I had the alignment checked at three different places. Once at the dealership and twice at different independent shops.
They've all said that it's in spec...

Last edited:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AT3WA's at 30K miles and down to the block connectors. Dangerous hydroplaning, may groove out the connectors to use to the wear bars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/