5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken OEM Tires

alow

Reaction score
I have the Falkens and they seem fine. I'm a General tire guy myself but Falkens as a whole seem well rated from what I remember while looking for tires.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I may be going blind, but are the Falken Oem tires snow rated? I couldn’t find the symbol on the tire anywhere

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just looked and they are M+S (mud and snow) rated but not severe snow service rated (the three peak mountain symbol). Seems a bit odd but that probably would have cost more.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just looked and they are M+S (mud and snow) rated but not severe snow service rated (the three peak mountain symbol). Seems a bit odd but that probably would have cost more.

Was afraid of that, thanks for verifying. The retail version is severe snow rated

satellitemike

Reaction score
Had Falken wildpeaks AT3 on my F150 w over 70K miles on them and still looked new. When I traded in for Ram the dealer asked why i just put new tires on?
Great tires 275 65 18's

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread caused me to go to the barn and check my tires! My previous RAM had Goodyear 17" tires, which lasted 66K and were still on the truck when I bought the 2019 Ram. To say the least, I was very impressed with the Gen 4 OEM tires. The has a smooth ride, were great off road and in snow, and did everything an "all season" truck tire should do.

Fast forward, I just went outside and found that the new Laramie has Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT light truck tires with a UTQG: 680 A B. Yeah! So far I like the ride--the only downside is that these seem to catch more stones on our dirt road than the older truck.

Stillen

Reaction score
Thanks to the pics from @alacombe I noticed that the Off Road Package Falken tires were made in Thailand and that they were rated at treadwear 500 and both traction and temperature were B. I was a bit surprised with the BB rating as I'd not seen that in some time. I then went over to Falken.com and figured out this is a one-off OEM tire that differs from the retail tire they advertise:

RAM OEM
Falken Wildpeak AT3WA
275-55R20 113T
UTQG 500 BB
Max PSI 51
Max Load 2535
Load Range SL?

Falken Retail
Falken Wildpeak AT3W
275/55R20 117T
UTQG 660 AB
Max PSI 50
Max Load 2833
Load Range XL

Not a big deal to those instantly replacing the tires, but I was planning on running these until they need replacement. Was just a bit surprised at how different they are vs what Falken advertises. I found the 275/55R20 in 113T online as low as $149 each but those were 660AB rated.

What is the air pressure they want it at? I have a limited and i put 275/60/20 and still trying to find the right pressure. Old gen was 40psi and new gen says 36psi

Drewsky510

Reaction score
I've got 285/65/20 KO2's on my truck, not an LT tire but load range E, they ride a bit rougher but are much better tires than the stock Goodyears that came on it in my opinion.

How are you liking your 285's? Have you noticed a significant drop in mpg? Did you need to recalibrate your speedo to account for the larger tire diameter? Any rubbing? I would love to have more of a sidewall on my 20's than the stock 275/55/20.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Now it's winter... Anyone can give your impressions of the snow/ice performance of the Falken OEM tires? Thanks~

19North5.7

Reaction score
They are 275 65 18, LT, E rated tires and yes there is a difference. Not drastic but definitely different then factory goodyear tires. A tad bit rougher. I love the way they handle and drive. The wife noticed a diff in ride immediately. She said factory tires rode smoother. A slight hum as well but again, not drastic. I used to set my pressure at 42 ish on my 2016 but I have these set at 39. The factory reccom pressure is 36 psi on my 2019 for an 18 inch tire.
I too have the Falken Wildpeak 275/65 18 on my 2019 North Edition and love them so far real quiet and handled well in 2 inches of wet snow I like them so much I am putting the same tire in 285/65 r20 on my new wheels

19North5.7

Reaction score
I too have the Falken Wildpeak 275/65 18 on my 2019 North Edition and love them so far real quiet and handled well in 2 inches of wet snow I like them so much I am putting the same tire in 285/65 r20 on my new wheels
Now it's winter... Anyone can give your impressions of the snow/ice performance of the Falken OEM tires? Thanks~

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Falkens and they seem fine. I'm a General tire guy myself but Falkens as a whole seem well rated from what I remember while looking for tires.
been awhile since you posted but wanted to take a shot and ask you if the Stock tires are smooth and quiet or do they ride rough with noise?

alow

Reaction score
Yeah theyve been just fine. I've had a nice long road trip and not once did I notice tire noise

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah theyve been just fine. I've had a nice long road trip and not once did I notice tire noise

Thanks for the info. Going threw a buy back and will order new unit this week. I'm going to get ORP this time on the new unit.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wasn’t sure of these tires. I’m loving them a month in to buying the truck. Good Looking ,quite even peeps commenting on the how good they look.. I’ll be getting these when I upgrade size and old are worn out.

jeffmc306

Reaction score

I have the factory 20” Falkens and the Off-Road package. We’ve had two snowstorms and they have handled it fine. I’ve had three sets of winter tires on cars and the Falkens are very close. I echo the other poster’s comments on ride and handling on dry pavement. Very pleased with the performance. I was concerned about towing capacity as we’ve got a 27’ Airstream on order. Another poster explained the tires are rated for over 2500 lbs each so we should be good!
253BEDF5-4AA3-4397-A996-4608FC34B386.jpeg

CMENT

Reaction score
I have to say that I am pretty disappointed on the OEM Wild Peaks on ice and slushy roads. In deeper stuff they do ok/good. I am cheap and was planning to ride these tires out to 35k miles, but I am grabbing a set of Cooper at3 Ltz or general frabber atx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang , sorry to hear that. Bummer. Have you looked at your tire pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread