5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken OEM Tires

CMENT

Reaction score
Dang , sorry to hear that. Bummer. Have you looked at your tire pressure?

Yeh, I did. 32psi all around and confirmed in the garage. The true Falkens (not OEM) have more sipping in them and seem awesome in ice/snow conditions per reviews. The OEM are awesome on dry pavement and I really like them on the highway, but they fail on the ice on the 20miles I commute on rural/dirt roads until I get to the ramp to the highway.

Going to ride them out for a couple of weeks and maybe switch to the Cooper LTX (loved the Cooper AT3 on my last two trucks) or the General Grappler ATX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cw_mi

Reaction score
Wasn't thrilled with the Falken's that came on 20's with the offroad package.
Now, with two snowstorms and around 400 miles i like them they worked really well in the snow. I did bump up the pressure to the max of 51, from the 37 the truck was delivered with. Now it doesn't handle like an old full size Mopar sedan from the 70's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have the Falkens on my Limited but 275/60R20 not 65..
View attachment 19972 View attachment 19973
That's perfect. Looks Great! I am thinking the same. No lift, right?

How do they ride on street? Tow anything with them? Where did you get them? What did they run you? They look great on your truck!

Seems there are 2 different models if same Falkens? OEM stocks and ones people buy from tire shops? Any weight rating differences and payload? What exactly are the difference s?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
That's perfect. Looks Great! I am thinking the same. No lift, right?

How do they ride on street? Tow anything with them? Where did you get them? What did they run you? They look great on your truck!

Seems there are 2 different models if same Falkens? OEM stocks and ones people buy from tire shops? Any weight rating differences and payload? What exactly are the difference s?

THANKS and Yes no lift, and the picture is in Normal mode for air suspension. Honestly I think they ride fantastic but I haven't towed anything. I purchased them on Amazon for $165 a tire, none of the local tire shop could even touch that price. The lowest I found locally was $183.

Runningwithbeers

Reaction score
THANKS and Yes no lift, and the picture is in Normal mode for air suspension. Honestly I think they ride fantastic but I haven't towed anything. I purchased them on Amazon for $165 a tire, none of the local tire shop could even touch that price. The lowest I found locally was $183.

Thanks for the link I might need to jump on that! I had A/T3W on a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee for 40K and they were great in the snow. The only time I had them feel slightly squirrelly was in about foot deep wet clay mud at my grand parents farm in Ohio. 20 inch snow storms in Mass were no problem for the A/T3W.

Take it easy
Jay

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Thanks for the link I might need to jump on that! I had A/T3W on a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee for 40K and they were great in the snow. The only time I had them feel slightly squirrelly was in about foot deep wet clay mud at my grand parents farm in Ohio. 20 inch snow storms in Mass were no problem for the A/T3W.

Take it easy
Jay

Where is Massachusetts are you located? I'm in central Mass.

Stillen

Reaction score
What's your wheel specs? I am trying to decide I have want to just order wheels and keep the stock Falkens, or get a complete wheel/tire package. Thanks.

Wheels are 0 offset and 9in wide and I went 275/60/20 SL Falkens wildpeaks. The original tires are just too small 32” vs 33”.

kaner747

Reaction score
I have a new 2020 Laramie with the sport and off road packages. 20” rims. 4x4 crew cab.

I absolutely hate the falken wildpeak tires in the rain. They are great on dry pavement, but will hydroplane if you drive through any small puddle. I drove home this week and the stability control light came on numerous time while doing normal driving in a rainstorm. Most unsafe tires in the rain I have been on. This includes tires that have had for like 40,000 miles and almost bald. I am pretty sure that I will have to replace them soon since they are just not safe and I don’t want to hurt myself or my family. Btw-I have 40 years of driving experience.

mophead

Reaction score
Yeh, I did. 32psi all around and confirmed in the garage. The true Falkens (not OEM) have more sipping in them and seem awesome in ice/snow conditions per reviews. The OEM are awesome on dry pavement and I really like them on the highway, but they fail on the ice on the 20miles I commute on rural/dirt roads until I get to the ramp to the highway.

Going to ride them out for a couple of weeks and maybe switch to the Cooper LTX (loved the Cooper AT3 on my last two trucks) or the General Grappler ATX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Could you check yours and confirm whether you have the 3 mountain peak snow rated or not?

Users who are viewing this thread