5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Failure to yield and now new 21 Limited

satcomtim

Reaction score
I'm now a member of the 5th Gen club and this forum due a driver failing to yield (no injuries). I had a 17 Limited with only 45k miles on it. Insurance settlement was $3k less than I bought it for in 2017. So I can't complain to much I guess (all things considered). Also, everyone get a dash camera! Removed any he said/she said/etc.

Here is a link to the crash video:

ram.jpg
crash.jpg

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jesus man, glad you're ok.

Welcome to the forum. And yes, dash cams are a must nowadays.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I just saw this on the other forum. Glad nobody got hurt. Which dash cam are you using

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
WOW! Same as other posters...glad nobody got hurt. I'm definitely going to have to look into a dashcam.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the 5th gen world! Very nice truck. Glad you're OK, and you were able to upgrade out of an unfortunate situation. An accident led me to dive into the world of dash cams, glad you had the smarts to do it before hand.

RAMVW

Reaction score
I'm glad everyone is ok. That was a hard hit. I highly recommend a dash cam also. I have them in all of my vehicles. I was sitting at a red light in my just purchased Jeep Grannd Cherokee SRT and a teenage girl in front of me decided she wanted to get in another lane. She backed into me without looking and did over $6000.00 worth of Damage to the front of my Jeep. She immediately admitted fault. The cop that came said I was very lucky that she didn't acuse me of hitting her. He said he sees that all the time then it becomes a case of he said she said....

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's a hell of a way to join the 5th gen club. Glad you're okay, that was quite an impact. I've been shopping for dash cams but haven't decided on one yet. Guess I'll move that up on the agenda now.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just installed a dash cam this weekend (Thinkware U1000). I hope I never need it, but after hearing stories like this, I’m convinced it’s the right thing to do. For anyone looking into installing, this video was a great guide. It’s for a different model than the one I use, but still relevant.

Of course, I’m glad you’re okay.

Last edited:

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow that’s a ****ty way to get an upgrade. I also agree on the dash cam, I have a BlackVue with gps so it also shows my speed.

Foxglove

Reaction score
glad you're OK .. and wow yeah a dash cam really comes in handy in this case!

Welcome to the 5th gen crowd! Great pick!

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Damn, glad you're okay!

I had a near miss the other day. Same scenario.. It was wet out, I hit the brakes and pretty much slid through the intersection.
93e462fa25102e557f00ce9859195e58.gif
92298ad810cb7be17df642a6702ad6c6.gif

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I'm now a member of the 5th Gen club and this forum due a driver failing to yield (no injuries). I had a 17 Limited with only 45k miles on it. Insurance settlement was $3k less than I bought it for in 2017. So I can't complain to much I guess (all things considered). Also, everyone get a dash camera! Removed any he said/she said/etc.

Here is a link to the crash video:

View attachment 102979
View attachment 102980

Thankful that you are ok, that little car must have been totaled also.,

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rexxing V1P ( front and rear ) was my first. CS is very good but the battery just kept failing. One exploded and cracked the camera open. They sent me replacements I've got 3 in a box now, but I don't trust them.

I switched to a Viofo A129 and never looked back.
I have a dual Street Guardian dashcam setup in the RAM, and it’s eerie how similar it is to Viofo. Overall, I can’t tell a difference between it and the Viofo’s in my other vehicles.

@satcomtim Welcome! Looks like that was a really hard hit.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that was a hard hit, I bet the other vehicle got creamed. The past year I've seen more and more near misses. People, in general, have gotten really, really impatient. Earlier this year we watched a woman go off road, slam into trash cans and lose a side mirror trying to pass where there was 0% chance of making it. Even this morning I was tailgated HARD going 35mph in a 20mph zone. Sorry dude, I'm not giving you more than 15mph over because you're late.

Once every other day I see a near miss or someone doing hardcore weaving in and out of traffic (far more dangerous than any speeding) and daily I see EXTREME tailgating. Half a Mini Cooper's distance between you and the car in front of ya @ 55mph is just stupid. In no way can it possibly come across as even a decent idea.

I've been there in my much younger years. It's a wonder I've never caused a wreck or worse but now I'm seeing more people my age (early 40's) and older doing stuff that I did at 18, 20, 25 years old in a sports car. They're just doing it in SUV's/Trucks. Heck, I've gotten on to a little old lady or two in my neighborhood speeding while I'm just trying to walk down the street with my kids.

Plenty out there need to just take a breath and enjoy the commute. I leave 5 or 10 minutes early every morning so that I can enjoy some peace and quiet. Leave a tad early, drive defensively, your mood and day will be much better, and if your employer is going to complain about you being a minute or two late every once in a while, then it's time for a new job.

Users who are viewing this thread