5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Failure to yield and now new 21 Limited

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shame Ram did not give us a security/traffic cam like Tesla has. There are more than enough cameras on the truck to do that.

Always thought even just an option to record would be great
Something along the lines of “insert a usb stick in port 1” and enable 360 to record

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Rexxing V1P ( front and rear ) was my first. CS is very good but the battery just kept failing. One exploded and cracked the camera open. They sent me replacements I've got 3 in a box now, but I don't trust them.

I switched to a Viofo A129 and never looked back.

Where on the back window did you put the rear facing camera, do you just use the batteries to power the units or did you hard wire them?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, Thanks for the explanation. I'm sure the hardwire kit can be purchased from amazon too?
Yes, viofo and street guardian both have hardwire kits on amazon that allow for “parked mode”. I tried three different cheap kits and none had the extra wire for keeping the unit powered with the truck off but shutting it off after the preset amount of time. Somehow the unit I have can detect that and either has the parking mode option grayed out or not.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Careful what you ask for, a neighbor of mine did this and the only thing the cameras did was prove his kids did something stupid leading to their accident :censored:
yea like playing on their cell phone when they should be paying attention to the road

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Careful what you ask for, a neighbor of mine did this and the only thing the cameras did was prove his kids did something stupid leading to their accident :censored:
I have them in all three rides. I told my wife and kid... If it's your fault, rip the damn thing off the window before the cops get there

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread