5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Failed Update???

Outlaw Pilot

Reaction score
I have a '22 Limted and last weekend was notified of a Uconnect update. It says it completed but now when I press the vehicle button there's nothing on that page and when I press the Apps button it briefly shows a blank page before going back to the Home page. Is there a way I can either reset it or manually re-apply the update?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a '22 Limted and last weekend was notified of a Uconnect update. It says it completed but now when I press the vehicle button there's nothing on that page and when I press the Apps button it briefly shows a blank page before going back to the Home page. Is there a way I can either reset it or manually re-apply the update?
start here in this thread
I had the same problem and this solved it.

Outlaw Pilot

Reaction score
I switched to another profile and that seemed to work. When I switch back, it's no good again so I guess the update corrupted my profile. I've created a new one and configured it but it won't delete Driver 1 profile, so I have my new one, my wife's uncorrupted one, and Driver 1 (that I can't get rid of).

Hmm

Roman2179

Reaction score
You can factory reset the radio. Not ideal but it's pretty well the only way to fix the "Driver 1" profile.

Outlaw Pilot

Reaction score
You can factory reset the radio. Not ideal but it's pretty well the only way to fix the "Driver 1" profile.
Ugh. I'm going to try to avoid that if I can. Seems like a pretty big way to fix a minor nuisance. But thanks.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ugh. I'm going to try to avoid that if I can. Seems like a pretty big way to fix a minor nuisance. But thanks.
Not going to be able to avoid it. I have had to factory reset after 2 prior updates. Luckily my ota updates never work so I didn't get this new one that brakes everything.
For whatever reason these trucks like getting factory reset after updates, pretty dumb.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn't find a way to avoid it. I tried, but finally factory reset it last night to rid myself of the leftover profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online