5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory set PSI

Louhound88

Reaction score
So checked my boss’s trail boss’s Duratracs hahhaah they are 41psi set point all around and are load range C LT tires 6ply (max pressure is 50)

My rebel Duratracs are load range E, 10 ply set point 55 front and 45 rear (max pressure 80)

I’ll have to get the specific payload/tow capacity of both by vin compared to see how that stacks up, but bottom line, they are just different tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah understood. I figured it may have been more due to weight addition with a rebel and also likely higher payload and towing capacity. With 3.21 gears my towing is 8600lb or so, and my truck is pretty light overall with minimal bells and whistles.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to hear your truck finally came. Congrats!

Don't go too crazy with tire pressures right now in March with all the temp swings we get. You'll be at 55 PSI one day, 50 the next, and 57 the day after that. You won't get a low pressure warning until below 49 psi when cold... or at least that's what happened to me. I'd set them to 55 on a day like today when it's 50 degrees out... that way they'll go down to 50-52psi if it dips below freezing again and only go up to 57ish psi on another 70 degree day like we had yesterday. Later this summer you'll want to adjust again.

I ran 55f/45r for 38,000 miles with plenty of tread left and very even ware. I only changed tires because they began to howl unbearably.

Hope you're loving your truck.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! and yes i love it beyond what i thought i would. and yeah thats pretty typical round here so i agree, but usually, I almost always get my tires at Tirewarehouse when its time to get new ones, whether or not i buy them there or order them and have them sent, i always have them do the nitrogen fill and you don't have to worry about that extreme fluctuation anymore. I set these to 55 and 45 when it was in the 30's and 40's and already its back up to almost 60 front and 50 rear most of the time haha. So i'll probly got get these purged and nitrogen filled sometime soon. Mostly i do it to get rid of the moisture, which is what causes most of the expansion, but back when wheels were mostly steel, it saved protected them a little. The nice side effect is the more consistent tire pressures. People debate about it all the time but i swear by it, and have for a long time. If it's good enuff for all these stupid airplanes, it's good enuff for Winona. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread