5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory power running boards

Razilla76

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced issues with the factory power steps not opening/closing when opening the door? Has happened randomly and I can't duplicate it. Happens sometimes when I approach the truck to enter it and sometimes when I park, and exit the truck. Truck has been both started and not running when I have had the issues.

When I have issues with the power steps, if I go to the 12" Uconnect on screen controls to press the power running boards button, it wont work, almost like it is greyed out and can't be selected. After driving the truck or parking it for a while, the steps will start working like normal. Also, sometimes the driver side step will work and the passenger side wont or vice versa.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie CrewCab 4x4 with a 12” UConnect.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced issues with the factory power steps not opening/closing when opening the door? Has happened randomly and I can't duplicate it. Happens sometimes when I approach the truck to enter it and sometimes when I park, and exit the truck. Truck has been both started and not running when I have had the issues.

When I have issues with the power steps, if I go to the 12" Uconnect on screen controls to press the power running boards button, it wont work, almost like it is greyed out and can't be selected. After driving the truck or parking it for a while, the steps will start working like normal. Also, sometimes the driver side step will work and the passenger side wont or vice versa.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie CrewCab 4x4 with a 12” UConnect.

Hi Razilla76,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. If you have not done so already, I kindly recommend addressing this with your servicing dealer as they are in the best position to provide assistance. If you do proceed in this manner and you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Moparmad74

Reaction score
I had issues like this the week after I purchased the truck, took it in to have it looked at and they could not duplicate it except for the first time I opened the door for the tech. It has never done it again since then, magically fixed itself while sitting at the dealer for repairs.

Razilla76

Reaction score
I try to take pictures and videos when having issues with my truck, but I’m worried that the dealership will give me some BS about how they aren’t able to duplicate the issue blah blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparmad74

Reaction score
I try to take pictures and videos when having issues with my truck, but I’m worried that the dealership will give me some BS about how they aren’t able to duplicate the issue blah blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a video of mine doing it, didn’t help with the dealer, they could not get it do do it when they had it, video didn’t help me with them.

Users who are viewing this thread