5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Fog Light wiring present?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dad bought a 2023 Big Horn recently, however it's a lower end model and did not come with factory fog lights. Does anyone know if the wiring for them would be there? I'll be adding fogs to his truck and can do the programming with Alfa. I don't have access to the truck for a few days or I'd just crawl under there and look lol.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dad bought a 2023 Big Horn recently, however it's a lower end model and did not come with factory fog lights. Does anyone know if the wiring for them would be there? I'll be adding fogs to his truck and can do the programming with Alfa. I don't have access to the truck for a few days or I'd just crawl under there and look lol.
Does it have the front parking sensors? If so the connectors will be there. If not you will need to buy the harness for the bumper.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it have the front parking sensors? If so the connectors will be there. If not you will need to buy the harness for the bumper.
Nah, doesn't have the sensors. I was just wanting to wire them to factory wiring and change them to be the DRLs. He's wanting them on all the time anyways so I'll just have to use the harness they came with.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, doesn't have the sensors. I was just wanting to wire them to factory wiring and change them to be the DRLs. He's wanting them on all the time anyways so I'll just have to use the harness they came with.
There isn't a setting available to make them work as DRLs

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Aside from the bumper harness, you’ll need the missing section of wiring to the BCM. This guy can take care of you with that:

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aside from the bumper harness, you’ll need the missing section of wiring to the BCM. This guy can take care of you with that:
Gotcha, I'm just gonna wire then up to an ignition source, he's wanting them on as additional daytime running lights anyhow.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is on mine? It was an option for my truck and my buddies truck. We both have ours set to the amber turn signals instead. Regardless, I'm gonna have to hard wire his anyways.
You say it works in yours, but then say you are using amber turns, not fog lights. So does it work to set it to fog lights, or are you just assuming since it's an option that you saw it works for fog lights as DRLs? I'm not saying alfaObd doesn't work to change DRL locations I'm saying the fog light option does not work. Many have tried, nobody has been successful.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You say it works in yours, but then say you are using amber turns, not fog lights. So does it work to set it to fog lights, or are you just assuming since it's an option that you saw it works for fog lights as DRLs? I'm not saying alfaObd doesn't work to change DRL locations I'm saying the fog light option does not work. Many have tried, nobody has been successful.
Ahhh, you may be right then. No, I didn’t try to set them to the fogs as I didn’t want it like that. I just assumed since the option was there it would work. I am gonna try this today though and see what happens, now I’m curious.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, you were correct. Even when switched to the fog lamps for DRLs, they do not activate. Weird that it gives the option but doesn't send the signal.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you were correct. Even when switched to the fog lamps for DRLs, they do not activate. Weird that it gives the option but doesn't send the signal.
There are options that work in other generations that don't work on the 5th gen. Global up/down is still ancsrry over option from the 4th gens, but it doesn't work on 5th gens. Unless you get a Tazer and use the live function

Users who are viewing this thread