5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory bedliner, how did they spray the inside of the tailgate?

Flot

Reaction score
For those with the factory spray-in, how did they spray the inside of the tailgate? Mine (with camera, remote release, etc) has a large screwed in access panel, presumably for the camera, tailgate release, etc. Did they spray right over this or is the panel still accessible for repair?

GhostRyder

Reaction score
Line-X' website has a video on how they apply spray-on bed liners.
They show how the tailgate gets removed and sprayed.
http://www.linex.com/bedliners?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=line x bedliner&utm_content=!acq!v3!23449213528_aud-410401175882:kwd-1468975740__258446389568_g_c__&utm_campaign=Brand+-+Exact&gclid=CjwKCAjwg_fZBRAoEiwAppvp-ag9r8NIMZDeB5qeECWn5SVNpC1fFH6bNrlh7kkn1YxhkfKBtyv9exoCh_YQAvD_BwE

I am having Line-X spray my truck bed.
I am adding a TruXedo ProX15 roll-up cover and Weather Tech floor liners also. But first, my eTorque Laramie has to get here.
It was built June 15 and still not in sight. :(

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Factory spray ins get sprayed over all bolts. I'm not a fan of them. Also, the bed isn't sanded and prepped properly.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never had a problem with my 2014, now I do have a tonneau cover over it.

I had one on my 2014 F150 and no issue. Just they cover the bolts and don't scuff the bed before install which your local guy will scuff up the bed before install and remove all bolts so you can access the panel without having to remove some of the liner.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had one of my 2016 Ram and now in my 2019 Ram and I love it. I wouldn't go without one

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never say never. I thought like that then tried the BedRug.
Yes, I have heard the bed rug is awesome and I saw it online looks cool. Isn't it pretty expensive? When I say i would never go without I mean with a straight steel bed without any protection. Those drop in liners I hate too

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid $399 for my last one. Sold it when I traded the truck, got $250 for it. Bed looked brand new.

Waiting for them to release it for the 2019. I've got a vendor offering it for $335. It velcros into the truck.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid $399 for my last one. Sold it when I traded the truck, got $250 for it. Bed looked brand new.

Waiting for them to release it for the 2019. I've got a vendor offering it for $335. It velcros into the truck.
Bed Rug for a 2018 Ram is $430-$480 and thats not including the tail gate being covered which is an additional $60-$80 USD

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bed Rug for a 2018 Ram is $430-$480 and thats not including the tail gate being covered which is an additional $60-$80 USD

Negative, discounted price is $335 from a vendor offering a discount on the F150 forum. My TruXedo TruXport was only $258 shipped from the same vendor.

Tailgate piece is one and the same as the bottom piece of the full bedrug. It's that piece and the side piece.

*I lied. $321 and some change for the 2018 version - 2019 should be the same price but will know forn sure when it's released later this month!*

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Last edited:

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Negative, discounted price is $335 from a vendor offering a discount on the F150 forum. My TruXedo TruXport was only $258 shipped from the same vendor.

Tailgate piece is one and the same as the bottom piece of the full bedrug. It's that piece and the side piece.

*I lied. $321 and some change for the 2018 version - 2019 should be the same price but will know forn sure when it's released later this month!*

Sorry for the thread hijack!
I got these prices right off their website

Flot

Reaction score
Factory spray ins get sprayed over all bolts. I'm not a fan of them. Also, the bed isn't sanded and prepped properly.

That's interesting. What happens if you need to service the backup camera or latch assembly? I assume that panel isn't just there for looks.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've not had a spray in bedliner before but couldn't you just cut around the screws that were sprayed over (along the screw head so you're not scratching paint)? Or does it work better to just remove them and let the liner do what it will?
Does it separate neatly between panels that were sprayed over or do you have to take some other precaution?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's interesting. What happens if you need to service the backup camera or latch assembly? I assume that panel isn't just there for looks.

Correct. You'll have to cut around the bolt heads and dig liner out if the bolts so you can get them out. The bed on my 2014 was ever so slightly off center but I left it. Trying to remove the liner then the bolts would have looked worse.

I've not had a spray in bedliner before but couldn't you just cut around the screws that were sprayed over (along the screw head so you're not scratching paint)? Or does it work better to just remove them and let the liner do what it will?
Does it separate neatly between panels that were sprayed over or do you have to take some other precaution?

Factory done and locally done are completely different in regards to prep. I've had the Ford factory spray in and then LineX done locally. Of course the installer makes a big difference but I prefer being able to access the bolts vs them all sprayed over.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I had one on my 2014 F150 and no issue. Just they cover the bolts and don't scuff the bed before install which your local guy will scuff up the bed before install and remove all bolts so you can access the panel without having to remove some of the liner.

just checked this AM. 2013 ram sport-factory spray liner - bolts were NOT sprayed. love it. will do again.

alow

Reaction score
For those who've gone the bed liner route, how is it with the nasitier stuff? I do haul trash and yard waste and with my current spray in I just blast it with a hose before putting family luggage inside. Does it retain gross dirty diaper smell?

Users who are viewing this thread