5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F150 Powerstroke diesel gets a DNF on TFLTrucks Ike Gauntlet testing

96Dodge4x4

CDJR Technician
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I find it interesting they disable tow haul mode and lock the truck to 9th gear. Seems pretty dangerous especially on a grade like the Ike Gauntlet. Forces you to use the brakes which could cause over heating and possibly loss of braking and then you have no engine power to slow you down.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
96Dodge4x4 said:
I find it interesting they disable tow haul mode and lock the truck to 9th gear. Seems pretty dangerous especially on a grade like the Ike Gauntlet. Forces you to use the brakes which could cause over heating and possibly loss of braking and then you have no engine power to slow you down.
I found that odd too. It basically defaults to the least safe setting when towing.

96Dodge4x4

CDJR Technician
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
I found that odd too. It basically defaults to the least safe setting when towing.

You would think the truck could tell the trailer was attached and at least override to a lower gear than 9th

Users who are viewing this thread