5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extremely Disatisfied Ram owner

Tmcb

Reaction score
So I went to Rockwall Dodge in TX, let them know I was wanting a white with brown trim 1500 with adaptive cruise and the 12 inch screen. They located it on a Friday. Monday afternoon, not having heard back, I called and was told it sold. They located another. I signed the paperwork only to then note it did not have adaptive cruise. No apology. They searched and located one that did have everything I wanted plus a larger rear axle ratio for towing. We agreed on price , I signed the paperwork, put a downplayment and was told come back Monday. So I was excited. Bought the truck I wanted. Well not so fast , they said it has sold on Saturday and they could not get it. Ouch. I bought Friday and instead of securing it someone else got it. (Note 4 weeks later it is still on the lot. In fact, that dealer Don Davis called me and said to buy it there. It was 2k higher though. So now my down payment has been pulled from my funds. I have no truck. But wait, we located another , it has the off road package. It will ride the same. I guarantee it. I waited. It arrived a week later. I had it all of 2 days and it had an electrical issue. Took it back , told it was needing a code. Took it home. It road rougher them my prior non off road truck. 3 days later, back to the shop as the service lights all came back on. They kept a week. Said it was to do with the braking systems and the safety package. Told them I don’t want it. No problem, we will swap it. Great. Well went to do that and they had a truck without the adaptive cruise and safety package but it did tow more was the color I wanted and did not have off road package. They wanted 5k more from me to exchange. No deal. You said swap and I am getting less on this one. Now I have a Ram I don’t want. My 6th one The prior 4 have been great. Called the GM Ron , does not call back. Terrible for a 60k longhorn.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
So I went to Rockwall Dodge in TX, let them know I was wanting a white with brown trim 1500 with adaptive cruise and the 12 inch screen. They located it on a Friday. Monday afternoon, not having heard back, I called and was told it sold. They located another. I signed the paperwork only to then note it did not have adaptive cruise. No apology. They searched and located one that did have everything I wanted plus a larger rear axle ratio for towing. We agreed on price , I signed the paperwork, put a downplayment and was told come back Monday. So I was excited. Bought the truck I wanted. Well not so fast , they said it has sold on Saturday and they could not get it. Ouch. I bought Friday and instead of securing it someone else got it. (Note 4 weeks later it is still on the lot. In fact, that dealer Don Davis called me and said to buy it there. It was 2k higher though. So now my down payment has been pulled from my funds. I have no truck. But wait, we located another , it has the off road package. It will ride the same. I guarantee it. I waited. It arrived a week later. I had it all of 2 days and it had an electrical issue. Took it back , told it was needing a code. Took it home. It road rougher them my prior non off road truck. 3 days later, back to the shop as the service lights all came back on. They kept a week. Said it was to do with the braking systems and the safety package. Told them I don’t want it. No problem, we will swap it. Great. Well went to do that and they had a truck without the adaptive cruise and safety package but it did tow more was the color I wanted and did not have off road package. They wanted 5k more from me to exchange. No deal. You said swap and I am getting less on this one. Now I have a Ram I don’t want. My 6th one The prior 4 have been great. Called the GM Ron , does not call back. Terrible for a 60k longhorn.
Trying to parse that wall of text, looks like the majority of the issues were terrible, terrible dealership customer service.

Sucks that when you finally got a truck, it had issues. At that point, given their awful track record, I would've told the dealer that they either needed to make the truck run perfect or they needed to give me my money back.

Actually, after the first truck deal fell through, if I wasn't in desperate need of a truck, I'd have just ordered one to my exact specifications and not played dealer roulette.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, hate to say it but the majority of this seems like poor dealer experience. Hopefully they get the issue straightened out for you.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to vent. Not knowing the build date, it might be one of the earlier trucks. The Longhorns are stunning to look at and have what I consider to be the best interior in the business. I really hope it works out for you. Most of the members with the off-road package are noting similar, but slightly rougher rides. They sure look good--expecially in the Longhorn trim.

Tmcb

Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to vent. Not knowing the build date, it might be one of the earlier trucks. The Longhorns are stunning to look at and have what I consider to be the best interior in the business. I really hope it works out for you. Most of the members with the off-road package are noting similar, but slightly rougher rides. They sure look good--expecially in the Longhorn trim.
Changing out the tires might work.

RT70808

Reaction score
My 4x4 off-road Limited rides like a dream. I noticed scrolling through the Evic that my tires are at 41 cold not the 38 on the sticker. Probably the temp difference from MI to LA.

Tmcb

Reaction score
My 4x4 off-road Limited rides like a dream. I noticed scrolling through the Evic that my tires are at 41 cold not the 38 on the sticker. Probably the temp difference from MI to LA.
The limited has an air suspension. The ride is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/