5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme Side Mirror Tint??

ericd

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This morning my side mirrors were acting very strange. Occasionally I will be able to notice a minor tinting which comes in handy. But this morning for whatever reason it was stuck in full blast tint mode and it lasted like that for my entire drive. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen this. Maybe it just had perfect lighting conditions to act weird. Iv'e never seen it where you can clearly see the whole outline of the tinted area like this. unnamed.jpg

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Was your rear window defroster on?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of looks like the car behind u had their bright lights on, which triggered auto dim

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This morning my side mirrors were acting very strange. Occasionally I will be able to notice a minor tinting which comes in handy. But this morning for whatever reason it was stuck in full blast tint mode and it lasted like that for my entire drive. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen this. Maybe it just had perfect lighting conditions to act weird. Iv'e never seen it where you can clearly see the whole outline of the tinted area like this. View attachment 47069

Hello ericd,
If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Laura
RamCares

knightro84

Reaction score
Did you have your rear slider open? Might will get real dark when I am driving to work in the dark and I have my rear slider open for some fresh air and headlights are able to hit the sensor without having to go through the tinted rear window. It will also get like this when I start my truck in the garage and all of the light from outside floods in from the rear but the front side of the truck is still somewhat dark.

Narg

Reaction score
My 2015 Silverado used to do this occasionally. If the environment is just right the mirror goes super dark for a while, seemingly for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread