5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme Customs vs Custom Offsets - experiences?

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to pick up a new set of wheels/tires in 20x9 -12 on 295/60r20 and have decided on what I want. I've come across both Extreme Customs and of course Custom Offsets (widely known in the truck community) and wanted to gather experiences anyone has had on the former since there doesn't seem to be as much information on them vs CO. I read on an F150 forum that they are sister companies (??) but can't find anything to support that claim.

Their total OTD package price (includes lugs/TPMS/mount/balance) is ~$325 cheaper for the same 1:1 setup vs CO and have the wheels I want in stock whereas CO indicated 4-6 week backorder otherwise I'd ask them to price match.

Can anyone share their experience w/Extreme Customs (good or bad)? They are A+ rated on BBB for what it's worth...thanks!

19_Rebel

Reaction score
Never bough from any of them but price wise I’ve always got quotes from mrwheeldeal to be cheaper.

ray730

Reaction score
I was looking at custom offsets a while back for pricing and the wheels I wanted showed backorder. I emailed the company to let me know when they are back in stock only to find out the wheels had been discontinued from the manufacturer and wouldn't be getting them in. Long story short, if you find what you want in stock I'd jump on it because companies don't always keeps their websites current/accurate. I've run in to that situation more than once and it's frustrating to say the least.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I was looking at custom offsets a while back for pricing and the wheels I wanted showed backorder. I emailed the company to let me know when they are back in stock only to find out the wheels had been discontinued from the manufacturer and wouldn't be getting them in. Long story short, if you find what you want in stock I'd jump on it because companies don't always keeps their websites current/accurate. I've run in to that situation more than once and it's frustrating to say the least.

I’m literally running into this issue now...I’ve gone through probably 5-6 sets of wheels with both companies and only one is actually available in stock and it’s my least favorite. But I’ve actually sourced everything separate and will probably end up having to go that route instead of the prepackaged deal, unfortunately.

sims1dh

Reaction score
I purchased my wheels from custom offset and the process was very smooth. I also enjoyed the vas amount of information that there site provided me in making my decision. I had the chance to get my set for 150 cheaper on another site but decided to stick with them based on the experience I had with their site. My wheels were missing 2 decorative plastic studs and with one phone call they had the replacement on the way.
880c3fc9c457652d2ea641b5a309feba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle1

Reaction score
I purchased my wheels from custom offset and the process was very smooth. I also enjoyed the vas amount of information that there site provided me in making my decision. I had the chance to get my set for 150 cheaper on another site but decided to stick with them based on the experience I had with their site. My wheels were missing 2 decorative plastic studs and with one phone call they had the replacement on the way.

What size tire/wheel and Offset do you have on your Ram?

Raminit

Reaction score

Those Asanti wheels are beautiful! They compliment the silver perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alex.bloom

Reaction score
Just ordered a set from extreme customs, they were quick to respond to emails and hooked me up with a military discount, still waiting for the set but it's on track to be delivered 10 days after ordering, pretty good experience so far

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went through the headache of custom offsets TPMS not working. Otherwise my experience with them was pretty good.

Niu45

Reaction score
I ordered my set from Extreme Customs and it was a great experience. Figure out what you want and then use the make an offer option on their site. I was able to get an additional discount from listed prices.

de660c58a2ad665f2760a8e858022fa1.jpg

ny2az

Reaction score
Extreme Customs and Custom Offset are not sister stores...l did ask the last time l was on the phone with Taylor of Extreme ... but, l did find out that Custom Offset is in a family of a few wheel company's , one of which is SD Wheels.

l got a price of $2,600 from Custom Offset and the best Extreme would do is $2,650 ... for the following setup....

Fuel Contra's 22x10 , Nitto Terra G2's 305/45R22 with tpms, mounted and balance with free shipping......

Cpt Futch

Reaction score

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I went through the headache of custom offsets TPMS not working. Otherwise my experience with them was pretty good.
I had same issues with the TPMS on my 2018. Still don’t work they refunded half the cost still I got ripped off. No big deal got my 2020 Laramie my son turns 16 in a couple months he’s getting the 2018 and a tire pressure gauge lol.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'll tell you no one answer a god damn email, text, dm anymore... customer service sucks for 99.9% of these places. It has seriously become a joke!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll tell you no one answer a god damn email, text, dm anymore... customer service sucks for 99.9% of these places. It has seriously become a joke!
Try mr wheel deal. They were really responsive to me. They got me quotes on wheels that sell for 1350-1400 for around 1100.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
I’ve gotten prompt replies for Custom Offset, RimZone, and Real Truck using their general contact form.

Users who are viewing this thread