5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme Customs vs Custom Offsets - experiences?

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Ordered TPMS sensors in the wheel package I received from them, they never worked, they offered me more plus 15 bucks a wheel allowance for them to be placed in the new wheels at a local shop, I told them not happy since they know for sure that a shop charges more than 15$ per wheel to dismount and mount, balance. Long story short, It has been a year with a red screen "TPMS reading issue". Tpms warning only comes off when I have the winter stock set.

I will be looking at other vendors for future orders.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered TPMS sensors in the wheel package I received from them, they never worked, they offered me more plus 15 bucks a wheel allowance for them to be placed in the new wheels at a local shop, I told them not happy since they know for sure that a shop charges more than 15$ per wheel to dismount and mount, balance. Long story short, It has been a year with a red screen "TPMS reading issue". Tpms warning only comes off when I have the winter stock set.

I will be looking at other vendors for future orders.
custom offsets?? I had an issue with their TPMS on my 2019 and I eventually got them to refund the $180 for the tpms and $25 per wheel for the swap. Bought a set of $40 ebay TPMS and never had another issue.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yeah i'm on the fence as to if i want 24's with street tires to run for summer months or 22's with 33's and go for the off road look... issue is i'm on factory air and my truck is a lease. so not looking to lift it or get into anything thats going to present me too much rubbing issues.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
custom offsets?? I had an issue with their TPMS on my 2019 and I eventually got them to refund the $180 for the tpms and $25 per wheel for the swap. Bought a set of $40 ebay TPMS and never had another issue.
I should of did that and not worry about my red screen.

ny2az

Reaction score
can you share which one on ebay you purchased that work ... were they oem or aftermarket ...

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's my experience:

I ordered a wheel and tire set from Custom Offsets for the first time last spring, about 10 months ago now. Waited for WEEKS and got no activity on my order. When I'd call I'd get put on hold for an hour or more each time. In addition to this, their TPMS sensors were 4x the cost of OE sensors from other vendors. After a couple of months went by with no movement on processing my order I finally got sick and tired of it and canceled my order.

I went back to Discount Tire Direct, which has been my go-to for years, and ordered a wheel and tire package from them. Should have done this again to start with. Had my package on my doorstep in just a few days. Also got rebates and discounts. Customer service is always A+.

Live and learn.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Never bough from any of them but price wise I’ve always got quotes from mrwheeldeal to be cheaper.
Agree with Mr. Wheel deal! Always has the best prices and I have bought 3 sets from them over the years. Never had any issues until the last set which I git last year during the pandemic. shipping was super delayed but I am not holding that against them. Would and will do business with them again.

Jsouma

Reaction score
Ordered a full package from extreme customs and it’s been 3 weeks now. Still no shipping information. Starting to get irritated. They emailed me back within about a day and said it should take 16 business days for my order to even ship..

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ordered a full package from extreme customs and it’s been 3 weeks now. Still no shipping information. Starting to get irritated. They emailed me back within about a day and said it should take 16 business days for my order to even ship..
I just ordered from them as well got the same notification but everything arrived within 8 business days.

jrw921

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my time and money ordering a pre mounted "package" from any of these companies. The sensors simply will not work on the Ram trucks. You will spend more time (and money) having to tear them back down, send back the brand X sensors, hopefully get some sort of refund, now buy the Mopar sensors, and now pay to have them remounted, balanced, etc.
Just look for a great deal on the tires you want, then the wheels you want, buy the right damn sensors the 1st time, and you will be better off in the long run.

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
ordered my wheels/tires from custom offsets about a month ago it took about 4 weeks from start to delivered. everything went smooth honestly, no damage to wheels, FedEx delivered them on a pallet and had no problem waiting till i opened everything to check for damage. the delivery guy told me alot of people say the weights fall off in shipping and while sitting in my garage for 2 days some weights fell off. mounted wheels yesterday and the tpms sensors auto programed to my truck which i wasn't expecting. they were all at 35 psi so my sensors were telling me to add air which I did and light turned off once corrected psi was in there. having it aligned this week il have them re balance wheels no big deal. would order from them again

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
Just placed my order for some Fuel 22x12 wrapped ridge grappler through their Wheels For Warriors program. Paul was great! Can't wait to get them in 😈

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason discount tire direct and discount tire don’t have fuel Contras on their site. I just put in for a quote from mr. wheel deal.

Edit: On a SUNDAY evening, I emailed for a quote and got a response in less than a half hour. That’s awesome communication.

Last edited:

ny2az

Reaction score
For some reason discount tire direct and discount tire don’t have fuel Contras on their site. I just put in for a quote from mr. wheel deal.

Edit: On a SUNDAY evening, I emailed for a quote and got a response in less than a half hour. That’s awesome communication.

call your local discount tire... lm sure they can get it for you since they do sell fuel wheels ... and they were able to price match ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread