5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior Halogen to LED Bulb Swap

acat

Reaction score
Do you think some of these LED cargo light replacements would be too bright for the eyes in the car behind when braking at night or reversing? Are they hard to look at in general?

You are dissing Audi, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bram2019

Reaction score
Those Earthland 912/T15 bulbs are what died out in mine. Maybe I got a bad batch.
I bought those same bulbs. Lasted 8 weeks. Got a refund through Amazon. All 4 in the pack went bad. Trying a different brand and chip set as we speak.

Viper67

Reaction score
Use this link below. I’ve used them in the past. I have cargo lights, fog lights and rear backup lights coming. They will last. But they are expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dsn112

Reaction score
I'll second diode dynamics. I've run them on all my cars and no issues.

dsn112

Reaction score
have you upgraded the headlights yet? are they the same bulbs for all Ram trucks? just got a rebel and would love to upgrade the bulbs. I was looking at Retrofit source as i have used them in the past and they have a nice pair of Morimoto H11's i am curious about

Don't all rebels come with LEDs already? Pretty sure they do.

DarkKn1ght

Reaction score
Use this link below. I’ve used them in the past. I have cargo lights, fog lights and rear backup lights coming. They will last. But they are expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll second diode dynamics. I've run them on all my cars and no issues.

I used to run Diode Dynamics turn signals on my old Charger. My 3157 HP80 front turn signals overheated and died on a warm day. LEDs last forever as long as they have sufficient cooling. The Diode Dynamics LEDs look good but now I'm a little wary about the heat sinks they use especially considering the cost of these LEDs.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Where did you install the decoder at ? The decoder suppose to get very hott but with the dust cap im not sure how you installed it to the bulb since your not suppose to put it inside the dust cover cap, if you dont mind sharing how you installed the decoder ?
It just goes inside the headlight housing. There's tons of room in there. I do not believe these canbus/decoder adapters get hot...they are built inside plastic as it is. Going on a couple months now and the LASFIT fogs and headlights are still working great.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply, they sent me these for free because I emailed them about the hyper flash the LEDs were causing, I’ll put the link here. I wondering now if they sent me the wrong parts because I just clicked on a prior link you have and mine looks totally different more like a resistor type then just a black box almost like a heat sink type of part. https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...canbus-decoder-warning-canceller-anti-flicker
Yeah those are the ones that get really hot. They may also work but I would not install them unless you plan to mount them outside the headlight housing and on something metal.

Pallman

Reaction score
Yes I got the Lasfit LA Plus - H11. They are awesome. Had to get decoders because they along with the H11 fog lights had a slight flicker. All plug and play. Lasfit worked with me and was nice enough to send me 2 pairs of decoders for no charge to test their product.

https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...-free-anti-flicker-resistor-canceller-decoder
Rick, Are you saying that you had no Flickering with High Beam and Low Beam, until AFTER you replace the Fog Lights?

I just replaced Hi and Low with no issues. Getting ready to install the Fog Lights (H11) and I THINK I will experience the flickering issue, (unless I add decoders).
It would be nice to add them at initial install and not have to go back and install the decoders.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Rick, Are you saying that you had no Flickering with High Beam and Low Beam, until AFTER you replace the Fog Lights?

I just replaced Hi and Low with no issues. Getting ready to install the Fog Lights (H11) and I THINK I will experience the flickering issue, (unless I add decoders).
It would be nice to add them at initial install and not have to go back and install the decoders.

I installed all the lights at the same time so I couldn't tell. I can tell you I'm going on a few months now and the LASFIT low/high/fogs all are working great still with zero issues.

deanfx

Reaction score

deanfx

Reaction score
That's an old post. I upgraded to DD a months ago and have been very happy with them.
Did you use DD SL1 in your low beam lights? Did everything fit into the housing?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you use DD SL1 in your low beam lights? Did everything fit into the housing?

You'll see from my sig that I'm in a Limited so the only LED's I upgraded were the 3rd brake light and cargo lamps. Can't help with the headlights.

JRD

Reaction score
I must be having a brain fart, diodedynamics has a red bulb for the 3rd brake.

Are they out of the normal led? Or should I buy the “backup” bulbs

Sorry for the noob question

deanfx

Reaction score
I must be having a brain fart, diodedynamics has a red bulb for the 3rd brake.

Are they out of the normal led? Or should I buy the “backup” bulbs

Sorry for the noob question
I purchased two of the red ones. They're were perfect for mine.

bamanerd

Reaction score
When buying LED replacement bulbs, you always match the light output of the bulb with the color of the lens cover.

**edit** You'll see that when you look at most kits.

Aykillah

Reaction score
Yes. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-CAN-bus-PWY24W-LED-Front-Turn-Signal-Bulbs-For-Audi-BMW-MINI-Mercedes-VW/382409406813?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Works great. I have Lasfit led's all around but they don't make this euro style bulb. Funny thing is this no name ebay one is the brightest of all my led's.

I ordered the PWY24W bulb and it doesn't fit properly or work. I pulled my front turn signal LED out and plugged it in and WAHLAH, I was good. I wonder if they changed the bulbs during production?

Users who are viewing this thread